View Single Post
Typically Untypical
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-01-2017, 04:33 AM

The hope of not attracting the King’s attention shattered in a flash as he chucked and asked if she was not enjoying the festivities. She frowned a little and looked at him. “I rather enjoyed the festivities but they seem to be dying down and I would much rather enjoy getting home before it gets to dangerous for a girl to walk alone.” She seemed not to say him much as his interest had been peaked, this really was not what she had intended. He offered to take her somewhere quieter, offered his hand. A small sigh left her lips as her shoulders shrank and she looked at the clock. There was still some time left though she would be going home when it was rather dangerous. Had she brought a knife?

Gently she took her hand, the sooner she could make herself unappealing to him the better. She simply had to tread carefully because she did not want to lose her head. “Yes, your Majesty, my name is Merida, and a place less noisy would be appealing.” Her voice held no sexual intention in it. The dance had been fun but it was rather loud and she did not enjoy the eyes that were on her now. Women were jealous of her and she already had enough drama to deal with on her farm. In times of peace it was a lot less common for women to be managing a farm on her own.

She let him take her hand and allowed him to lead her where he pleased, all the while her mind was focused on her brother and sister. It was amazing how strong your survival instinct was when you had something to live for. Merida felt long amounts of time were not good for her survival.