View Single Post
Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 12-15-2022, 01:55 AM

edit; Oh, didn't see you guys posted!

Around 2018, I moved from Minnesota to California. I think I was active on Mene during the move. Then I slowly became inactive around the end of 2018. Around that time, I was very busy with my acting career. I was cast in a voice over job and I was in an improv theater troupe. Things were going well, but I was also in a weird sorta relationship with this guy I met online while I was in Minnesota. He lived in Long Beach, so not too far from where I moved to...

I was hospitalized in 2018 too. :/ My mental health got pretty bad because of the stress from moving. But after a month of being in the hospital, I was discharged and things were going great again! I think I wrote a song, and I "broke up" with the guy I was seeing...

In 2019, I was cast in a theater production with a main role, and I was also cast in a film production with a main role as well. But then the pandemic hit... Theaters closed and the film project I was supposed to be in ended up cutting out my character to make the cast smaller and more fit for COVID regulations. :( That was kinda the major downfall of my career, I think... I've since been struggling to book anything. It seems like I get really, really close, but then a lot of companies are like, "Oh, sorry, we decided to go with someone else." at the last minute. So I have been taking classes and going from agent to agent... I have had three different agents since COVID hit...

I met another guy in 2019 (I think? My memory is bad...) and we began dating. The whole relationship was abusive... I knew it was, but by the time I noticed it, I was too far deep into the relationship to want to change anything. Our relationship was on and off for like.... four years. He'd get mad at me, do something bad, I would break up with him. A few weeks later, I would either get a sorry message from him saying how sorry he was and how he'd never do it again... so I would take him back. Or, we'd be intimate and then he would forget about me for months, not even a call or a text... And I would just assume that he'd moved on without telling me. But then when he wanted intimacy again, he'd message me and we'd continue on with our relationship like nothing changed...

I don't know if I feel comfortable sharing this part of my life, but this is Mene and I used to love it here and I trusted everyone here with my deepest secrets... If I don't feel good about this later, I'll just edit and delete. But in 2021, I found out I was pregnant. Things get weird from here, but I had a miscarriage and it destroyed me. I was extremely depressed for months and I lost a lot of friends at that time because everyone was telling me to leave this horrible, awful abuser I was with and I wasn't strong enough to do so... Literally, like.... I lost SO many friends.

In 2021, I also got a hamster. My first pet since Beans (the original Black Bunny of the Black Bunny Party) passed away. Her name was Sweet Pea and she was an amazing first hamster. I learned a lot about hamster care and she made living through the pandemic bearable.

Beginning of 2022, I found out I was pregnant again. The baby was born *extremely* premature and it was a stressful time for me because I wasn't feeling any motherly connection like I thought I should... and for a while it didn't seem like they'd make it. But I couldn't keep the baby because by this time, it had *finally* hit me that I was in love with an abuser who would likely not make a very good parent. So I broke up with him while still pregnant and the baby was given to my aunt, who wants to adopt them. My hamster also had to be put to sleep at this time because of an unknown growth in her stomach that caused her pain and swelling.

In May 2022, I got another hamster and I decided to go back to school. So now I am in college and I'm doing a degree in graphic design. I think the pandemic made me realize that even though I like acting and I'm good at it, it's not my passion anymore... I want to get back into doing art and design. I'm still acting on the side as much as I can, but the constant rejection has finally started to take it's toll on me. So I am now in college for something different.

I don't like California. It's gone WAY downhill since I first moved here. The streets are disgusting, the homeless are everywhere and no one does shit to help them. The gas prices are high and LA is just... not a very nice place anymore. My mother is trying to help me find a place of my own, but we're moving OUT of LA as soon as we can. Currently working with a realtor to find a home that we can own rather than renting because the rent prices are getting to be impossible to afford and it's not even worth it. $4k/month for 1990s appliances and no lights or fridge with it? Hell no.

So that's what I've been up to since Mene died.