View Single Post
DaisyKeehl
Inactive menace

Old 12-19-2022, 03:39 PM

Oh wow, where do I even start?
Well, my time on Mene truly was before the big dire uncertain times, but I owe a lot of y'all for taking me in and being such a wonderful community for me during some of the hardest times of my life!
That said, I just celebrated my 26th birthday in November-- and boy has my life changed in the last few years.

In 2019, I dealt with a few bad things pre-panini including my very close friend and I having a falling out after I realized just how toxic they were. The things that came in the after were very hard to deal with and caused me to become a lot more reclusive until recently. The only good thing to note that year was me adopting my cat Gunnar in December. I got to ring in the new year with a lovable baby who has since integrated well in my household.
I actually came out as nonbinary this year. I have been testing the waters since.

In 2020,
My partner moved in and it was great. Unfortunately, the panini hit and it definitely took a toll on everyone. On top of that, we had a few relationship issues we have since worked through, but it was a very tumultuous time... all things considered.

Somewhere between 2020 and 2021 I shaved my head, left teaching, and settled back into another (less enjoyable) job in the meantime.

In 2022,
Things have been interesting this year. Due to the pandemic and me having medical issues, it has been hard to get out, but this year I actually took the time to step into the uncomfortable. I have mild agoraphobia I have been working on and I:
Went to a birthday party in April!
Took a week long trip in May with a few friends!
Took a weekend trip in August with my partner to see a band I really love. Despite my chronic pain, I toughed it out the concert and it was fairly enjoyable.
I am gearing up to move spring of next year with my partner and a good friend of mine. I am ready to start a new chapter and while I am stressed, this is welcome stress.

I also got diagnosed with quite a few things and am working through them medically.

I am so happy to be back on Mene. I have wanted to throw myself back on here, but never really had the energy. I think I do now, and I see some familiar faces after we all got that email so I hope at least some of us stay while they work out the kinks.

I have to say though, looking at my old posts, I have no idea how y'all tolerated me during my teen years, haha. I know I was going through something fierce, but oh my!
Needless to say, I am glad to be back. I hope everyone has been well, and I look forward to seeing the future of mene!

Edit: I want to add that if anyone recognizes me and wants to keep up, feel free to DM me for other socials! I dont see myself being super active on mene, but I wont disappear for years on end this time.

Last edited by DaisyKeehl; 12-19-2022 at 03:41 PM..