View Single Post
Katie Scarlett Divine
"Life never favored weakness. Only the strong survive."

Old 06-22-2011, 02:21 PM

Marquet was surprised by the womans words. "I don't care if she's a child, I need this and so does most of the crew." He said, slightly coldly. "I'm sorry if it angers you miss, but some people have nothing what so ever. I may not look like i'm in financial need, but I need gold now. And so does a lot of other people on this ship.. and if it means killing some pretty faced girl then so be it." He sighed. "And she's not a child, most girls her age are already married and bearing kids." He said, rolling his eyes.

"The luxurious items are only up here because the governor couldn't afford to buy you all the same. He highly respects me from being one of the greatest pirates on the sea." He said, looking towards the mirror in his room. "I'm sorry miss, but if you've just come to yell about the girl then I have to ask you to leave." He said, running a hand through his hair again before biting his lip. He went over to the door and opened it gently for her. So much for her wanting to sleep with him. She just came to complain. Marquet rolled his brown eyes.

Scarlett sobbed quietly when she heard something brush up against the bars. "Hello?" She asked softly, glancing to the bars and seeing what looked like a face. She quickly wiped her tear stained eyes and crawled closer to the bars until the chains on her wrists and ankles no longer let her move. "Who are you?" She asked softly, her emerald eyes looking to the boy that looked about her age. She waited until the moonlight fell upon the boys face. "You look sad.." She said softly, glancing around the dark hold they were in. "Why aren't you asleep like the rest?" She asked, her eyes looking to him again.

Scarlett was hoping he hadn't heard her sorrow and sobs, knowing that if he did he would probably pity her. Pity was the last thing she wanted on this ship. If she was going to be killed then she'd be killed as a strong woman, not some weak girl crying and sobbing for them to not kill her. No, her fate was already set in stone. About a week after they reach Puerto Principe she'd be killed.