View Single Post
Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 01-22-2016, 11:38 PM

Daisy stared at the man who'd rung her doorbell. An all expense paid cruise? She didn't think she'd actually win the ticket when she signed up for the contest with her friends... It was just a joke, just a gag, right? How was this possible? Daisy stared at the man a little longer... Though, she didn't stare at him, but stare through it, rather. After a few seconds, she opened her mouth as if to say something, but instead slipped back into her house and slammed the door in the man's face.

It was too much to take in. Daisy heard the man knocking again and calling her name. Still, she didn't open the door.

"Daisy...?" Of course. Her sister's voice came from the kitchen. "Daisy? Who's at the door?" A young, brown skinned woman, 20 something years old came out of the kitchen. Her face was puzzled and she looked at Daisy, confused and concerned. "Daisy! Who's at the door?" When Daisy didn't respond, the blonde woman stormed passed Daisy and opened the door.

"I'm sorry, sir. You'll have to forgive my fsister .What is it that you're selling?"

"I'm not selling anything, Miss." The man reached into his pocket and pulled out a Manila folder, handing it to the young woman. "Miss Buchanan has been chosen as a winner of an all expense paid trip upon the Dreamweaver."

The woman stared as well, taking the folder slowly. The man took a bow and said, "I will be back tomorrow at the time stated on the papers to pick up Miss Buchanan." With that, the man left. Leaving the blonde to stare at the Manila folder in silence, alongside Daisy who was also staring in silence. After a few seconds of silent staring,the blonde ripped open the Manila folder and pulled out the ticket, alongside other papers and map of the ship.

Daisy broke the silence, "Bette...?"

"Oh my god! Oh my GOD!" Bette screamed , throwing her arms over Daisy and jumping up and down with excitement. "DAISY! I can't believe this! You're going on a cruise!" Daisy was frozen in place. She wasn't sure how to react. Though, Daisy was too anxious to even think of leaving home and her job... "Daisy, I'm so happy for you!"

"I'm not actually going, Bette..."

"Wait until mom and dad hear this!"

---

Daisy called the three friends she had to see if any of them would take her ticket. None of them would, all saying the same thing, that a pleasant cruise with her celebrity of choice would be the perfect thing to cure her crippling anxiety and other mental distress which has been keeping her home and holding her back from her life. Daisy couldn't disagree more. If she was already anxious at home, she'd be three times as much on a boat, in the middle of the ocean with a perfect stranger.

She sighed as she sat on her bed and stared at the ticket. "I guess mom and dad could use a break from me for a while..." And this would be a once in a lifetime opportunity. She made up her mind. She would take a chance on it, and with that she picked up her cellphone to call her boss at the daycare to say she'd need a sub.