View Single Post
Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 02-27-2016, 03:51 AM

Nicole instinctively stepped back just as the crowd surged forward, slamming into the barrier. Like a spooked horse, Nicole leaped forward at the resulting bang. She attempted to spin towards the sound at the same time, but klutziness and a shooting pain in her ankle cause her to loose her balance. She threw out a hand to try and catch her self as the pavement rushed up to meet her but pain shot up from her wrist and she crumpled.

Nicole instantly tried to leap up but her ankle and wrist, but pain knifed through the appendages. With a muffled grunt of pain, she collapsed back towards the pavement but strong hands caught her before she connected. She looked up, right into the dark brown eyes of Tim Foust.

"You all right?" Tim asked softly, his voice deep and rich.

"Probably just sprains," Nicole said after a moment, when her brain finally kicked back into gear.

Black Suit seemed to magically appear, his eyes still hidden away behind black sunglasses and his expression blank and professional. Next to him stood a gentleman, in a crisp black suit, who bore aremarkable resemblance to Stephen Fry and had a look of concern on his face.

"This is Jenkins, your suite's butler," Black Suit said.

"Might I suggest we have the ship's physician look at it," Jenkins suggested in a crisp British accent.

"Really not necessary," Nicole answered, waving off the fuss and gingerly moving the affected limbs. "Positive nothings broken."

"Then might I suggest that we adjourn to your suite where you may rest and perhaps ice the injuries?"

"I think that's a good idea," Tim interjected, helping Nicole to stand.

Nicole tried putting wait on her ankle but winced in pain. Tim made a move to scoop her up, but she halted him with a hand on his chest. "I will be damned if I let you carry me up there like some bloody invalid," she growled softly.

"Can you make it if you lean on me," he asked concern in his kind eyes and handsome face.

Nicole nodded and Tim moved to her bad side, wrapping his arm around her shoulders. With him standing next to her, Nicole was reminded again of how he towered over her 5'7" frame. He had to be at least 6'2"! As if somewhat sensing the problem, Tim slouched a bit as she draped her arm over his strong shoulders.

With Jenkins leading them, Nicole limped up the gang plank and through the ship until they stopped before a cabin door. Jenkins flung the door open and stepped in to stand next to it. Nicole's jaw dropped as she limped into the beautiful, big suite decorated in blues, whites and browns.

"I am sure you will want to explore, but for now might I suggest you rest on the couch." Jenkins motioned to the large L-shaped couch and with Tim's help, Nicole limped over to it and dropped down with a sigh.