View Single Post
CycloneKira
Shoot to kill

Old 03-18-2016, 11:56 AM

Okay. Okay. Calm down, girl. This is all just a really really weird dream. It's all gonna go away soon. It had better go away soon. Damn it, I came all the way to this ship from home, just to act as some kind of companion for a celebrity? Nope. I am not doing this. I am getting the hell out of here as soon as I can.

With these thoughts running through her head, Astoria kept a very deceptive straight face as she smiled at Felix Newman. The latter was now three feet away from her and had extended his hand towards her. She put on her best smile, and shook it.

"Hello, I'm Felix," he said, somewhat unnecessarily. Every single person in that area knew exactly who he was.

"Hi, Felix," she said, still sounding friendly (maybe a little too much so). "I'm Astoria Wells." She was so angry, she almost crushed his hand in the handshake.

"That's a pretty firm handshake you've got there, Astoria," he said, sounding slightly surprised. Then Astoria realized what she'd done and then hastily let go of his hand, feeling pretty embarrassed.

"I'm sorry," she said, blushing slightly. "I guess I'm just... nervous." She finished her sentence somewhat lamely.

"Aw, don't worry about that," he said, cheerily. "Happens to the best of us."

At that moment, Mr. Suit walked up to them, and there was another man in a black uniform following close behind. The one behind reminded her of a butler.

"Miss Wells, Mister Newman, this is Sebastian," Suit said, gesturing to the man behind him. "He is going to be your butler for the duration of this cruise." He turned to the butler. "Sebastian, please show them to their rooms."

"It's a pleasure to meet you, sir, madam," he said, bowing to each of them in turn. "Please follow me." The formality of the whole thing was making Astoria really nervous. Damn it, am I gonna have to act like this the whole time here? And seriously, what is this business with the butler???

She and Felix followed after Sebastian; their luggage had been taken by a pair of men, presumably to their rooms. She walked behind the man, keeping a safe distance between herself and Felix, though she had no idea why. She was too busy being nervous to question herself.

Once they reached the rooms, Sebastian turned to them and handed each of them a key. "These are the keys to your respective rooms," he said. "If you need me, all you need to do is call my room using the phone next to your bed. I will be there in mere minutes. Is there anything I can help you with before I take your leave?"

"Astoria regained her senses just in time to answer him. "U-um, no, Sebastian, thank you," she said. "Except this. Could you possibly call me Astoria, and not "Miss Wells"? The "Miss Wells" thing makes me nervous." She chuckled with embarrassment, realizing that she was acting like a total nut in front of Felix Newman. The guy didn't seem to think it was weird, though.

"Very well, Astoria," Sebastian said with a smile, and he turned and left. Astoria smiled and turned to Felix. "So, I'll see you, I guess," she said, and Felix returned her smile and nodded. Both went into their rooms.

Once she was in the privacy of her room, she stood by the door and listened. She heard the door of the room next door click. Felix had shut his door. Satisfied, Astoria opened her own door as quietly as possible and dashed off towards the exit. But to her horror, the ship had already set sail. There was nothing to be done. She was stuck on this nightmare of a ship for the next month.