View Single Post
Beekeeper
I don't - what is - I - huh?

Old 10-09-2013, 12:06 AM

Well, that was easier than I was expecting.

Carmen had been making her way from one end of the dancefloor to the other, weaving in time to the music, dancing to get through the spaces between the squirming mass of bodies. By the time she reached the middle of the floor her nose was clogged with the scent of sweat and ecstasy and booze and she wouldn't be able to rely on it to find the woman - something she'd had to hurry along as she saw Carla get invited into the home.

She had been turning when her back had been bumped into, another partygoer obviously running into her. Agitation peered up from the bottom of her mind, a little spark that had the potential to turn into a raging inferno should the offender be anything but courteous. When Carmen turned around, however, it wasn't another drunken male stumbling about, but the blonde from before. The woman they were searching for.

A grin slipped onto her face as naturally as could be, though she had to make sure that she didn't show too much teeth. That always seemed to be a problem for her.

"Thanks! You're the first one to guess it right the first time!"

That was a lie. There was a man from before - now lying passed out on the floor somewhere, she made sure of it - that tried to get her with the most obnoxious pickup line she'd ever heard. Sure, she was supposed to be Lara Croft, but she definitely didn't want that man to 'Raid her Tomb if y'know what I mean.' It was repulsive, and she had - discreetly - seen to it that he wouldn't bother her again that night.

"My name's Carmen! Nice to meetcha!"

There was a brief pause. She figured that she should compliment the others costume as well - she wanted to start on the right foot with this girl, not blow it by giving off the impression that she was rude. First meetings were important, they gave the person the basis of which to judge their character.

Not that I think we'll get the chance for a second meeting anyway...

"I love your costume! You have awesome style!"

~*~

Oh perfect. This was just perfect - Carmen got to her first. Blind luck. Damnit.

Carla was still winding her way through the crowd, her dance partner staying far too close than she was comfortable with, pulling her back against his chest every moment he got, placing his hands on her waist. It was becoming incredibly annoying and hindering her movement further into the fray, but she didn't know any other way to penetrate the crowd without shoving them harshly out of the way and that would bring way too much attention upon herself.

But the night was still young, and she still had enough time to steal her back from her sister. She wouldn't be cheated out of what should be the most delicious meal of her five years. Not tonight, and certainly not by her twin.

~*~

So. The boy was alone - truly alone - in Farefield. And living on his own in the whispering woods? That was something even Kaled wouldn't dream of attempting. The woods belonged to the shadows of the night, it was their domain. He wasn't sure if this child was brave, stupid, or truly clueless of the real dangers that the forest held between the branches of its trees, the horrors that hide between the fluttering leaves. It was likely the latter - the boy was merely human, after all, and couldn't possibly sense the darkness of the forest.

"I have a spare room, should you need a place to stay. Safer than attempting to breach the night alone."

He'd keep the boy here - it wouldn't do to have a corpse found just outside the church. That would bring the police along in an investigation of how and why and where, and with him being that last to have made contact with the young man... Priest or not, he would be a suspect, and being a suspect would mean that they would look into his past. And that was something that had to be prevented at all - at whatever - cost. Just as long as he kept the child away from the crypt all would be well.