View Single Post
Hidden Cupcake
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-09-2013, 04:18 AM

Nate's head shot up, blinking at the older man with wide eyes. "What? No I couldn't ask you to do that!" he said, sitting up straighter. "I mean I probably ruined your night already! I don't want to impose..."

He trailed off at the mention of the night, biting his lip and looking down to his half-empty mug of tea. It probably wouldn't be smart at all for him to go back out there. His fingers were still shaking slightly and, even with the lantern in his bag, he doubted he'd be able to keep his wits about him long enough to find a hotel. If this town even HAD a hotel in the first place. He thought he had seen one driving in all those months back but that was a long time ago. Who knows now. If there wasn't he'd get lost. And who knows what would happen then?

He sat for a moment, mulling it over. "...thank you, Father. I...think I'll take that room if it's not too much trouble..." he muttered, leaning back in his chair almost defeated. He blinked when he realized he had yet to introduce himself, mentally kicking himself for forgetting that. "Oh...I'm Nate. I...forgot to introduce myself."