View Single Post
Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)っ ♥

Old 10-02-2010, 04:50 AM

85. Sick

The man closed the door softly behind him. As he noticed the two brothers standing in the hall waiting for him, his hand tightened on his bag. The younger of the two, Heso, spoke up. "How is he?"

"Your father is very ill. He will need plenty of bed rest if he is expected to make a full recovery.

"Then we should take him back west shouldn't we? It's far more hospitable and..." The elder began.

"He can not be moved." The doctor interrupted, "In his condition, he will not be able to survive such a long trip."

"In our condition this entire will not survive. I don't know if you've looked outside but this entire place is becoming a desert!"

"I stand by what I've told you. Good day gentlemen." The doctor turned away and left.

Once he was out of sight the elder brother turned on the younger. "This is your fault! You read the future did you not? How did you not see that this would come to be?"

"Not all things are visible brother. I saw but one of many possibilities. This one had not presented itself."

"Damn. Stuck in a desert with an Elren who won't make rain. You can't even make her cry, that stubborn woman. Not to mention her damn child." The younger turned to study his brother. "Useless half-blood. Why did you keep those two here, they haven't done a thing for us."

Heso shrugged, "One day I may find a use for them. Come." He gestured to the elder, "We must share the grave news with the others.