View Single Post
Kry
Hero Complex

Old 03-04-2015, 02:15 AM

"Wood elf, I think. I'm only a half an elf though." There was a slight grimace in his voice, a tensing of his body. Humans tolerated half elves easily, in most places. In some places, not so much. Other elves could be very intolerant of half elves, with humans it was hard to know which ones were tolerate and which weren't. Kurako had seen his fair share of shunning from plenty of races, just for being some half bred amalgamation. Not fully one or the other but a mix of human and elf. Kurako could pass easily for a full elf, if he tried, and he often put forth that effort when surrounded by other elves or humans.

It was easy to fool humans, though it was one reason why he kept his hood up and his hair long. To hide his ears, not quite pointy enough for an elf but not quite rounded like human ears. As Kurako observed the other, he began to wonder that Patrin was human. The man crashed through the forest as loud as a blundering bear at times, though it looked almost forced to Kurako's trained eyes. He wouldn't bring it up, let the man keep his secrets. It was none of the half elf's business anyway. Besides if he brought up Patrin's secrets, then there was nothing to keep Patrin from trying to pry into Kurako's secrets.

"You step through the wood like a crashing boulder. Not what I expected from one who willingly wanted to enter the wilds." That amusement was in his voice again, though Kurako's body was still slightly tense awaiting the reaction to his revealed heritage, while somewhat trying to distract from it with his boulder comment. It wasn't often that Kurako would freely reveal things about him like that, even if those things were only his heritage.