View Single Post
Quantum Angel
(っ◕‿◕)っ ♥

Old 09-25-2012, 12:39 AM

I remember mine. She was TERRIBLE. Not too awful when I first made her - sad but plausible story that she didn't angst much over, abilities that were reasonable for her universe...a tiny bit overpowered, pretty average-looking except for her fancy dyed hair; all in all, on paper, really not that bad.

Then I started RPing with her with people who were equally inexperienced and none of us really got the principle that an RP that is fun for all will rarely have a single main character.

Started with one friend taking her character and making her extremely, massively overpowered, quite deliberately, straight-up insisting she was the best. Every time anyone else got some attention, she had something go massively wrong with her. Well, because we were inexperienced we ended up fighting fire with fire, having tons and tons of drama...

And long story short, it caused my poor character to evolve into one of the worst monstrosities I've ever seen. (Yet somehow still not as bad as this one friend's even at the beginning.)

I've taken her, torn her apart, and turned her into something much better now, though. Lots of potentially poorly-written traits, but I mostly write her solo so I can be careful with that and not look like I'm trying to upstage anyone and everyone.