Thread: Does God exist?
View Single Post
Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 10-13-2016, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Now let me add real quick: I am not saying I do not believe in him. I just do not know what to believe. I lack faith. Either way, I am therefore condemned to my fate. You know, I would truly love to believe in a Heaven and an Almighty God who watches over us. See that is the root of all religion. No one wants to truly believe they are alone. They do not want to believe there is nothing after they die. So, yes, I do hope there is a heaven. I'd like to be able to see all the loved ones I have lost again. But my doubts will prevent that. It is just who I am and if there is a God then he should understand. At least I would hope so, but though you say his is merciful, he is also wrathful. And has pride, which is another sin.The reason why I say he has pride is because he hates when someone denies him as the true God. Someone humble, someone noble, and truly good would be patient and understand the struggle to have faith. He would understand people's flaws and would tolerate their choices. But he doesn't. He thinks everyone should obey him. Bow and pray to him and only him. That is pride. And that is power hungry. He should understand how we humans think. He should understand our flaws and be okay if we worship other deities, because he is supposed to love us unconditionally. He is supposed to be merciful and forgiving.Now before you get upset or mad or whatever about that statement let me ask you this: If a normal human being craved power and demanded of all those in his land to claim him as their king and no other. To obey him and worship him or be punished and condemned, he would be disliked. He would be considered greedy and power hungry and cruel. But God does this exact same thing and yet he should be praised and loved.I get it, don't get me wrong, He is God and that is viewed differently. But the similarities are unmistakable to me. ---------- Post added 09-25-2016 at 07:23 PM ---------- And you're wrong. Believing in God does lead to violence. It still does today. And Christianity is actually considered the most violent religion today. Many people still commit violent acts in His name. Yes, that is human fault, but they believe that God would want it that way. People attack abortion clinics still today and claim it as an act of God. Their beliefs in God justify their actions in their minds. They feel it righteous. Again, yes it is human error, but their beliefs are what leads them.
Back on on. Sorry for the delay.

---------- Post added 10-13-2016 at 01:58 PM ----------

Velvet: God created man with the intent that man was to obey God's Word. In return, God will love mankind and provide for mankind. God created the Garden of Eden for Adam and Eve to live in and if you read the book of Genesis it details how lush and bountiful this garden was. Adam and Eve roamed freely and wanted for nothing. They didn't have perform any work. They didn't need clothes. They didn't need shelter. Food was ready to be plucked from the vine. Adam and Eve had very easy. And all they had to do was not eat the forbidden fruit.

And all was well and wonderful until the devil came along and convinced Eve to eat this fruit which she did and then she convinced Adam to do so also. The Lord comes along and sees the disobedience and and the garden goes bye bye, the weather is cursed, and now Adam and Eve have to work to provide for themselves.

My point is that God wanted to be worshipped by man, but also provided for man. This is God's covenant with man. It's really simple: obey me and I take care of you. Sounds like a good deal to me. The only way things become complicated is when man disobeys God's word. God isn't subject to mood swings and doesn't become vengeful without much provocation. Worshipping false gods being at the top of the list.

If you were God, and you created man, the Heavens and the Earth, wouldn't you want worship or recognition from your creation? We expect our children to obey us and love us, yet we are not God, but we love our children and provide for them. So being as this is our reality we need to adjust to it. We need to follow God's commandments as it is in our best interest to do so.

I look at it this way, the bible and the Ten Commandments are sanity. Living outside of the bible and its commandments is insanity. What are people doing today? The majority of them are living outside of God's word and so what do we have? Insanity everywhere. Rape, murder, lying, stealing, terror, corruption, greed, lust, lust for power. One of your biggest complaints is people killing in God's name. The bible forbids man committing murder. Nowhere in the bible does God permit man to kill in His name. Those who do kill in God's name do so of their own accord and are acting contrary to Christian principles. This creates an even more insane situation because of the confusion involved. This is one of Satan's biggest traps. If he can convince you that God is an unjust God then you have fallen into the devil's snare for it leaves you confused and angry at God which is a truly hopeless situation.

---------- Post added 10-13-2016 at 02:05 PM ----------

I would also like to address what you said about Jesus return with a sword. Stay tuned...

Last edited by Mr. Wrong; 10-13-2016 at 09:06 PM.. Reason: quoting