Thread: Does God exist?
View Single Post
Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 03-29-2017, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namune View Post
I just needed to pop in here and, after reading, reall feel like two things should be put out.
1. How dare you accuse two people of not "actually reading" the bible because they didn't arrive to the same conclusion as you.
2. How dare you have this holier-than-thou opinion that you think you can dictate who is and who is not a Christian.

I don't plan on debating you, since you can't see some of the blatant contradictions happening, but I figured why not toss in these two pence at least. Goodbye.
The bible is the word of God. It isn't something that we read and come to our own conclusions about. It is extremely important the bible be read in its full context. One cannot simply extract one statement and weild that as a command in and of itself. The greater context must be examined and studied. To do otherwise leads to misinterpretation which then leads to pain and sorrow.

I'm sorry you feel I have taken on a holier-than-thou attitude, but I have not. It is one of textings biggest drawbacks is that one cannot always accurately gauge the attitude and tense of words being communicated.
It is certainly in this regard that we do indeed come to our own conclusions.

As far as judging others goes, I can recall two things God tells us: one is that we shall know them by their fruits, and the other is to know who labors among you. We've all heard "Judge not, lest ye be judged" and so it seems there is a contradiction. But there isn't. That is if you know the context and full story around which the command is part of.

So if I am to spread the word of God, then I also have to defend it. This means confronting a misinterpretation when it is presented. It's just too easy to misinterpret scripture and pervert God's word either intentionally or accidentally via ignorance. In such instances, and certainly in my own thread, I will set the record straight as best I know how.

I believe a lot of non-Christians believe that Christians are to never judge or even angry. This simply isn't the case. Was Jesus not angry in the story where He fashioned a rope in a pre-meditated manner and rid the Temple of moneychangers and the like with a weapon in His hand? And Jesus is certainly being judgemental when He calls the scribes and Pharisees hypocrites in Matthew 23.

Anger is a tool. It is morally neutral. Anger can be used with evil intent or to purify. The same goes for judging people. No one in their right minds lets a stranger into their home without vetting first that stranger.

Today's internet is a great tool if you care to educate yourself about God's word. That is if you dare.