Thread: Does God exist?
View Single Post
Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 04-18-2017, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wandering Poet View Post
Mr. Wrong - The bible of Zeus is called Kama Sutra...

My biggest issue on determining if god is real or not is the paradox of the bible itself. One must rely exclusively on faith much like children do Santa. There is no physical proof of him, nobody actually sees him, parents give him credit for their own works, and you must believe without any doubt in your mind that he is real or he loses influence over your actions.

When you explain to a child there is a "magic man in the clouds"... the kid will laugh and doubt you. There is no proof, yet you expect them to believe this to be fact. He could be there, he could not be, but we have no proof otherwise.

Then there is the issue of the bible itself. The only "proof of god" people are ever able to offer are scriptures written by people who are long dead. There is no modern prophets of whom we can follow, just countless false prophets.

So in the end there is no evidence to prove god exists, but there is also no evidence to disprove him.
We can disprove Santa because we have mapped the north pole. God doesn't reside anywhere specific.
WE are physical proof God exists. Did we create ourselves?

Did man create this earth, the elements within it, or any living creature from nothing?

Did man put into place laws of physics and nature?

I could say that the wind does not exist since I cannot see the wind, but I would be a fool.