View Single Post
Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 11-26-2013, 09:37 PM

"Ahh Raylah, there you are," her father the king said as she climbed the dais steps to join them. "I was beginning to wonder if some man had come and spirited you away in the night," he teased, though his eyes were serious. "Not that I would have minded, as long as he was suitable."

Here we go, Bridget thought with a shake of her head. "Only if he won my heart first," she answered out-loud, as she sat and the table and began eating her breakfast. She flinched, almost imperceptibly, when her father spoke up again.

"How about Lord Rainesley?" He asked. "He has been the champion of nearly every joust and is very well off."

"He is a cocky idiot in love with himself and his image," Bridget retorted harshly. Her father looked at her with displeasure, but continued on.

"Perhaps Havrigard, Duke of Dumbleton," the king suggested. "He is very wealthy with a wonderful home and lots of servants."

"And old enough to be my father," Bridget exclaimed aghast. She found herself no longer hungry and only picking at her food. When an aid came forward to speak with her father, Raylah, slipped from her chair and hurried lightly and quietly out of the Great Hall. She didn't even bother to look and see if Cal was following, as she made her way through the castle towards the entrance and the stables.