View Single Post
sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 02-22-2016, 10:04 PM

"If you were an enemy, you would not be just standing around after attacking me. Did you even think what would happen if I didn't realize it was you in the last second?" In a sense, her anger was out of her concern for him. Because would he be expecting a retaliation? Or would he crumple under her blows and magical blast? The thought did make her stomach churn. Why did her partner have to be so darn careless?

She pushed his head away when he went to nudge her once more, gloved hand firmly on his mask, but there was no real anger or force in the movement, more like an owner pushing away an overeager puppy. And in a sense, that's a lot what Ryx was like. She glanced at small device on her wrist. "Police is arriving right about now, so it's time for us to get lost. It's just that I thought I heard something down here... But that was before your hug-ambush. They must be long gone by now. Let's go."

Mae - that is Lumena - did not know how he had come to possess that warehouse and when it all would come crashing down on their heads, figuratively and literally. But for now, it was better place than any other and in a way, she had grown to like it even. Or maybe she just liked the time spent there with him... But that wouldn't make much sense, would it...

Their journey there was uneventful and as soon as they were in their 'den', she proceeded to tell him what the dealer had told her - of the young, weird looking kid that had bought materials and had never been seen around the parts before. That the time matched both explosions, giving the bomber time to prepare. After that, Lumena proceeded to ask him what was so important in the USB stick.

She should have known better than to move to a different planet few days before a holiday. But it had been perfect time for all the other reasons and here she was.... Staring at her whole life's belongings, other than her lab equipment, dumped on street or at the door to her apartment building where she was now to live on fourth floor. Oh Gaia, this was just great. And the guilty party (aka the movers) had long since disappeared, uncaring for the storm of harsh words she had thrown at them at appearing 8 hours later than planned.

Sighing, she picked up some of the bags and started thinking what magic she could use to get her furniture upstairs. Even Mae was busy with work tonight so the chances of getting her help were slim. But maybe she'd come to her best friend's rescue, hearing the case? Silvana smirked slightly at the word choice, before sighing again as she rushed up the stairs (because elevator, of course, was broken).