Thread: Threat Level
View Single Post
Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 03-13-2014, 01:42 PM

Happy smiling as Volkov left, Reino found himself glowing with delight. She had accepted his invitation. A sigh of relief slipped from his mouth, which caused him not to notice someone approaching from behind. When a finger tapped his shoulder, he nearly jumped from his skin. Whirling around, gold orbs fell on a petite nurse who was pushing a...

A WHEELCHAIR?!

Why the hell was there a wheelchair. Blinking from nurse to chair, he stepped back with a cocked brow. "Ummm, you looking for Sycom?" There was no logical explanation as to why she was here. But she looked new. Maybe she got lost?

"You're Reino, right?"

"Depends."

"Well this chair is for you. We wouldn't want you to get hurt or anything."

Panged, Reino lost his feet and fell to his rear. Wincing at the pain, he let his gaze fall back on this woman. Was she serious? No, she had to be joking.

"Oh my, good thing I came. You're weaker than you look. Clearly crippled and in need of help!"

Something snapped inside him for the next thing he knew, he was enraged. If he could spew fire like Ashes, he would have burned the whole building down with the anger he was feeling. A large ruckus came from the hall. Seconds later, a wheelchair flew into the living room. Soon after that, a body did too. Controlled footsteps approached and soon Reino was standing in the doorway. Hovering over the cowering nurse, the raven growled. "I dare you to call me crippled one more time." Brows shaping his expression, the enraged man stormed over the woman. Stopping just on the other side of her, he flicked his head back to snort. Seizing the chance to flee, the nurse scurried off down the hallway. "Tch, that's what I thought."

Regaining his composure, he exhaled before dipping his eyes up to meet Shadow's gaze. For a moment, there was an awkward stare between them. No expression crossed his face and his cheeks didn't flush as they usually would. One would equate this to being previously roused by the nurse who dared to offer him a wheelchair. Seconds later, Reino was offering Shadow a smile and sheepishly laughing to himself. "I think I pulled something," he said to no one in particular. Hobbling over to the open spot beside Shadow, he poked the tattooed beauty. "I'm not as limber as I used to be. Mind teaching me yoga?" Face flushing red, he immediately stammered out, "But I refuse to wear those tight-ass pants! I prefer to not sound like a prepubescent boy."

While waiting for Shadow's answer, Reino's head scoped out the faces in the room. Landing on Volkov's, he shot her a quick wink that looked almost like a blink. A smile tugged at his lip, but he had to pretend it belonged to Shadow. As far as he was concerned, everyone thought he and Shadow were a thing. By day, they would have to be. But as soon as darkness feel, he would leave the shadows and find his Russian beauty.

Head falling into the back of the couch, his eyes caught a glimpse of Hime. "What's on the agenda today?" He was far cheekier than usual. Maybe it was a sign of him getting better? Truthfully, it was all Volkov's doing. Thankfully, only Remy and she really know that.

"Your agenda is rest. We cannot have you on the field just yet. Your body still needs to heal. You can stay here and relax. The rest of us will be going to the Battle Dome. Of course, we should probably leave a guard behind. Maybe Volkov and Artemis can take shifts?" A devilish look came into the cat-man's eyes. "We could keep Vlad here, too. I'm sure he wouldn't let you leave."