View Single Post
Cora
Pixel Pixie

Pixel Pixie

Old 07-17-2012, 07:50 PM

Things seemed to be moving around in fast motion for her. Her thoughts where racing trying to keep the facts straight in her head. She was also trying to figure out who Lewis was and why he was so important to Vincent. She took a deep calming breath of air, tonight was proving to be far more interesting then she had initially anticipated. Her mind slowed a bit with the breath of air, but only a bit. “First thing, I make a call to his wife. She would know if he got to New York, after that we find him. The sooner the better.”

Fact number one learned today about the mysterious man named Lewis, he had a wife. He offered her his hand and she took it, a sign of trust. He was hiding the pain from her, she could tell. Not only did he keep wincing at odd moments, but there was the pained look in his eyes. “I hope they do not really notice how much he can take with the bond tonight. I am not going to be able to keep this up if they keep drawing blood.” She was starting to wonder who this “they” was. Was it someone out to get Lewis, or perhaps just a random attack? Or worse, a thought struck her mind with a sour chord, where they using Lewis to get at Vincent? Did they know how much Vincent cared about the man named Lewis?

“Come, I will tell you what you want to know once we are moving after I have made that phone call.” What she wanted to know? Tonight all she wanted to know was how to find the one creating that pained look in Vincent’s face, something about it made her sad as well. She also wanted to know who Lewis was, but even that could wait. She watched as with breakneck speed he put on the wig which had been sitting on the way out of the hotel room. She briefly wondered what it was she was about to get herself into with this adventure, but then she pushed the thought out of her head. “Make that call then” she said as she rushed after him.