View Single Post
Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 04-16-2016, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria-Minamino View Post
Mr. Wrong: - Hi, I'm Maria. I'm one of the pixelists on mene. Although I haven't been too active lately because of my real life obligations. I have been coming on and helping for future items recently. I promise, we read all the suggestions. But sometimes we forget to update the page.

I just updated the post for you really quickly to reflect some of the things that have been used from here and even in the previous suggestion thread that is currently archived. We archived it for a fresh start but it's in the pixel staff room and we look at it constantly. Things like cats have been suggested a thousand times and we have given multiple cat poses now because of it. So we do listen, I promise.

Sometimes we can't make someone's ENTIRE suggestion. And sometimes we LOVE someone's suggestion but have to wait for the proper moment to release it. A lot of times EIs and Commons fit a theme of the event and so we make the items reflect that theme. But we will use bits and pieces of someone's suggestion to help supplement the item. In addition, wishie places careful consideration into each CI to be as well-rounded as possible. So while she doesn't always use someone's entire suggestion, she DOES take pieces of it.

We apologize for not updating that front post, to be honest, I didn't know that post was even there. I overlooked it while in here looking at the suggestions instead. I can't say what is being offered in the future because that is top secret. But we will soon have an event here on mene and hopefully you can see some other suggestions reflected in the items released for that event as well as the one after that which is also being worked on at the moment.
Thank you for resonding to my concerns so quickly. I appreciate that you have taken the time from your real life obligations to address me. And thank you for fixing post four and for having the courage to admit that a minor error had been made. This goes a long way with me because it causes me to believe that you actually care about what goes on here. If only this type of care were more prevalent here.

Let me fully agree with you about requests for all things cat. If anyone didn't believe that there weren't enough cat items around then the Cozy Afternoon CI certainly finished it off. What I have seen enough of is wings and swords. The way I see it a backlog of suggestion items have sat ignored while three new CI's containing wings and swords have been created, i.e. Angelic Blessing, Angel's Harmony, and most recently the Sword of Duality. Don't you think there are enough wings and swords on Menewsha as it is? Egads!

Moving on, I understand that choosing bits and pieces from suggestions is more feasible than creating from an entire suggestion. This only makes sense. I get it. What I don't understand is what you remarked about the timing of the release of new items. Not completely, anyhow. Menewsha has in its tool shed a remarkable tool known as Auctioneers Items. This is certainly one way of putting a non-event themed item into circulation.
Another way of releasing non-event themed into circulation would be a direct release into the commons shops. Simply make an announcement that this is taking place with such and voila! Your Eggo has been leggo'd.

I am puzzled to no end as to why people choose to set artificial limits about what can and what cannot be done. Especially in an environment such as this. Menewsha is fantasy land. You can do anything here. The only handicaps here are the ones you place on yourself. It's like those sales that are only applicable on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Are store owners afraid that having a sale on Friday and Saturday will draw too much business? It would seem so.

The biggest mystery I find on Menewsha, in regards to item creation, is why the art of such artists as xuvrette and Longcat, for example, go unused.
Longcat and xuvrette pixeled into existence some outstanding cowboy clothing that just sits idle and has been sitting idle for some time. Why?
Why is it that items already in abundance are chosen to be created when items that aren't in any number are consistently overlooked? Wings and swords. Swords and wings.

The only reason I can come up with to explain this is ego. My brother and I were discussing this a few days ago and he told me of some ideas he had for his bosses and they rejected his ideas outright without any thought. The reason for rejecting his ideas was simple: it wasn't THEIR idea.
Then he tells me about how he presented another idea to his roommate. Without thought or hesitation the roommate rejects his idea. However, two weeks later, the roommate approaches my brother with the very same idea he was presented with earlier, but this time as his own.

I do truly hope that this isn't the case here on Menewsha, but the lack of communication regarding why suggestion thread items are not created causes me to ponder this as being a possibility.

Also, I would like to make known that I have viewed the pixel art created by Longcat and wondered why he hasn't created more. Eventually, I found where he had posted a paragraph stating that he doesn't own a computer and that this prevents him from creating more pixel art. I then began to mull over the idea of purchasing a computer or laptop for him so that he could create more pixel art, but I decided to wait and see what else would be released hoping that his art and the art of others were going to be created.

Obviously, I am still waiting. We are all still waiting.

It disappoints me that he and others have their art sitting in limbo while Wishie does her own thing. I can only imagine what those who taken the time and effort to post their own pixel art must feel. Wishie is good at what she does, but it seems like all others are cast aside for her sake.

Captain Howdy has stated to me that Menewsha is battling time and resources as it pertains to releasing more items, but without giving specifics, it is beyond my capabilities to empathize or understand.

If I seem bitter or confrontational, forgive me, this is not my intent. I only seek to improve Menewsha and hope that my complaints reach those in power who will act on the behalf of Menewshans.

Thank you.

Last edited by Mr. Wrong; 04-16-2016 at 10:01 PM.. Reason: I love this feature