View Single Post
Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-19-2016, 11:24 PM

Tavis rolled his eyes and missed Elias's glance between Davvin and the main sculpture of the show. A brief, knowing smile crossed his face. "I take it this here's the soulmate you were so confused about. Well, good for you, kid," Elias hummed, ruffling Tavis' hair. "You got everything you wanted after all." His eyes stayed on Davvin for an extra second as his smiled softened on the edges. His eyes went distant though and just before he turned away to continue looking at the art, Tavis thought he saw something sad there.

"I'm sorry I couldn't convince your parents to come, but I hope it's enough I'm proud of you. Keep dreaming. I want to see more art from you like this." With those parting words, Elias excused himself and drifted off, but Tavis couldn't help his lingering gaze. He forgot that despite being almost ten years older, his uncle still had not found his soulmate. In his youth, it seemed cool and exciting, like a defiance, because Elias never spoke of it. He lived perfectly fine alone, but now, Tavis couldn't help but feel a little sad himself. Knowing the joy of having his own soulmate, he wondered if his uncle knew just all what he was missing out on.

Tavis squeezed Davvin's hand. "Okay, I suppose we can be a little mushy today."