View Single Post
Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 02-14-2013, 06:07 AM

Rules
♥ The subject of all entries must be Menewsha the website, a Menewshan NPC, a Menewsha staff member (or group of staff members, such as all of the Event Coordinators), or the valentine must be Menewsha-themed.

♥ Entries must be your own work and must be made for this contest. If you use elements of someone else's work (such as a stock photo background, or a poem you parodied), please make note of this in the notes section of your submission with the name of the site or artist who created the work and a link to the page you found it on.

♥ If you create a physical valentine, your username must be visible in the picture. It does not need to be on the valentine itself, it may be written on a separate slip of paper. You may not edit it in with photo-editing software, it must be in the photograph.

♥ All entries must use the submission form for their category.

♥ If you would like to, you may share an image of your valentine on other sites. This is entirely optional and will not affect your chances at winning. If you do, please include a link to Menewsha.

Entries must be submitted before the end of the event. To keep up to date on the event's ending time, check the FAQ

Q&A
♥ Do my valentines have to be physical? May I create them on the computer?
Your valentines may be digital or physical, whichever you prefer. However, physical valentines generally take a bit more effort, and the entries which were the most lovingly created are much more likely to win. A digital entry has an equal shot at winning, but a lazy entry has no shot.

♥ Does the quality of the photo matter in the case of a physical entry?
Not everyone has high-quality cameras, and so I won't be miffed if you have to use a camera phone or webcam. I should be able to clearly see your valentine and all writing should be legible. Beyond that, it's again up to effort - it would be a shame for you to spend an hour on a valentine and then take a poorly-lit, orange-tinted picture of it. Do the best you can.

♥ May I submit multiple photos of my valentine?
If one photo cannot fully illustrate it (such as if it's a card that opens, or it has details that you would like to include a close-up of), yes, please do.

♥ How many times may I enter?
You may enter once per category. If you need to make an edit to an entry you have already submitted, that can be arranged. That being said, do try to make sure your entry is finished before submitting it.

♥ Am I more likely to win the staff category if I make a valentine for you?
Absolutely not. I don't do anything that the other moderators don't do. If you're thinking about making a valentine for me, you'd be best making it out to all the mods.

♥ What qualifies as a valentine?
A valentine is generally a little card with a sweet saying or poem on it. They sometimes profess romantic love, but they can also be for friends and family. You can browse some neat old examples here.

If you have a question that isn't answered, please feel free to ask!

Prizes
There will be prizes! However, what they are remains a mystery until it is time to hand them out. I will say this, though: there will be a first and second place prize for each category. At least one first place prize will be worth 5,000 gold, however it is possible that all first place prizes will be. At least one second place prize will be worth 3,000 gold. More prizes may be awarded based on how many entries are received and what they are. Be creative, put time and effort into your entry, and you stand a good chance at winning something.

Last edited by Cherry Who?; 02-17-2013 at 09:30 PM..