View Single Post
Squidie64
(っ◕‿◕)っ ♥
Send a message via AIM to Squidie64

Old 11-20-2013, 03:57 AM

Maddelynn tallied up her items and wrote the figure down at the bottom of the receipt. While Thia chatted about her worries over Alice, Maddelynn wrapped up the boxes of gears in brown paper, tied with packing twine. She took the copper coil and wrapped it up in a single sheet of tissue paper, then put it inside of a plain white box. She wrapped that, too, up in brown paper and tied it off with twine. She reached below the counter as she began to speak, "Oh, Thia, I'm certain everything is alright. Alice is a tough girl. Perhaps she's keeping a low profile for her safety. Someone may be on to her and she hasn't visited the make-shift letter box because she was afraid to involve you. I do hope it's nothing like that, of course, but I'm sure there is a rational explanation for it all."

Maddelynn straightened up and revealed a white and black striped paper shopping bag with white handles. It had Fuller's shop name printed on the bag with a gear and cog design. She shook the bag open and began to stuff it with Thia's packages, "Aren't these bags darling? I had them printed up a few weeks ago and they just arrived yesterday! Lucian hates them. He says they are far too fancy for this place, but I think they class us up a bit, don't you think?" Maddelynn was such a girl.

Once the bag was full, she smiled and looked down at the receipt she had written up only moments ago. "Ten notes even, please. You made off like a bandit today. You really did."

Lucian emerged from the back with fresh black smudges on his face. He opened a few drawers and pulled out a few spare parts. He shook his head and glanced to the three women in the shop, "If we keep using our own spare parts, we're going to put ourselves out of business. Maddelynn, you better think of a way to drive more business in here or we're in trouble." With an armful of parts, he carried his large frame back into the workshop.