View Single Post
Symphony of the Night
(◎_◎;)

Old 07-16-2016, 06:12 PM

Decoration: Latte Art

Continuing the idea of having food decoration tips in this journal in addition to recipes, here are some Travel-Inspired Latte Art by POPSUGAR Food: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPqx...dex=14&list=WL. I think it is really cool how they use not only coffee to add designs to the latte, but also food dyes to make super colorful and detailed artwork of all sorts of places such as the Golden Gate Bridge, Big Ben, the Statue of Liberty, and the Colosseum. They load up the color on this metal tip thingamajig and then draw their creation on the foamy milk on top of the latte so that the colors appear bright and vibrant on the white background. I imagine that the colors would not come out as well if they were trying to do it on the normally brown colored background of just the coffee, which is why they make sure to have a thick enough canvas of white foamy milk before adding the colorful decorations. But anyway, I thought this was very cool and pretty and a great idea for latte art that I had not thought of before or seen anywhere else so thought to share it here :D