Thread: Under Control
View Single Post
Precarious Fool
Are you kitten me right meow?

Old 05-24-2016, 02:13 AM

"Me? Strong? I barely made it here..." Alena whispered, closing her eyes, fighting to stay awake, afraid of what sleep might bring. She envied Erika's powers, they seemed so much more useful than hers, which were only good for heating forges and other, more destructive things. "Plus, I would have never escaped without you." That was the truth, while she had thought about it from time to time she never seriously considered doing it, too afraid of what would happen if she tried.

"Even if we have to keep running, even if we have to sleep in the dirt, it is nice to know that we're free... Even if it is only for a short time." If they were ever caught it was certain death. How would they ever be safe? Would strangers find out where they came from and send them back? How long would they be hunted?

A gasp escaped her and she jumped, her eyes darting around in the dark as she heard a noise just outside. Had it been footsteps? It didn't continue, she heard no voices, but how could she sleep when they had not gone so very far from the workhouse? Each noise would have her jumping, fearing capture once more.