Thread: Remaking Love
View Single Post
Tachigami
It's quiet, now.
Send a message via AIM to Tachigami

Old 08-08-2014, 10:16 PM

Jasmine barely contained herself as the form was gently lowered into the seat. She had finally fallen asleep at nearly three in the morning, but when a blip in her ear woke her, Adam had already opened the pod and taken Samuel out. He had stood on his own for a time, until the lingering effects of pod isolation reminded him that his body was half broken, and sent him tumbling into Adam's arms. He was sitting in a set of clothes that looked just like something he'd wear, a light yellow short-sleeved shirt and lightweight gray jacket, and a pair of jeans and black and white sneakers. He had a little smile on his face and his eyes were half closed, the expression of someone that was tired, but content with his current situation. Jasmine pulled her hair back and smiled at Bernard and Adam straightened him up a bit, with a little help from Samuel himself.

"What will Alois say to wake him up?" Adam looked at Bernard as he finished jotting down a note.

"He'll say 'wake up, Sam'." Bernard replied simply. "Jasmine, ask him about the past month."

Jasmine nodded, and crouched down in front of Sam. He looked up a bit and gave her a little smile. "Hey, Sammy. What've you and Al been up to the past month?"

Sam seemed to perk up a little, but not much. "We... we've been in Paris. It was like going back in time, Jazzy. Just as amazing as when we got married, I can't explain it..." He broke off to yawn widely. "Ca... can we talk about this later on? I'm tired..."

"It's fine, Sammy. Let's get you home." Jasmine bit her lip, standing upright. Sam wouldn't remember anything until Alois told him to wake up. At her words, Sam nodded and sat back, letting his head go forward as Adam and Jasmine left Bernard to clean up the pod and introduce another. They got him into Jasmine's car easily, Adam lifting the man's body with ease as he was too lethargic to do so himself, and got into the back of the car with Sam's wheelchair. Jasmine turned before starting the engine. "Stay in the car when we get there, okay? I think Al won't want too many people around..." When she was answered with a curt nod, she started off.