Thread: Don't Hang Up
View Single Post
Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 03-06-2021, 06:46 PM

For a long second, Axel was frozen in his place. That song...how long had it been since he thought about it? How long since he thought about any song? A sense of vulnerability washed over him, spurred by the messy notes over his neat writing. "That's not-!" Before Fane could get a proper look at the music, he snatched the sheets away, holding them tight in his white-knuckled hands. He could feel the pencil smudging under them but he didn't care, almost welcomed that level of destruction. "I've said enough times. My songs are my songs! I don't need your input!"

Lionus' face fell in an instant. "Ah...hey man. You're being unfair. You didn't even remember leaving that at my place. Did ya look at the end I gave it? I know it's not the best but it's something." he pouted, looking at the others for support. Though, this time, both Yvonne and Diedrik stayed on the sidelines.

That was the thing though. Axel had managed to read the notes in that brief second and he found himself riveted. Never once would he have thought to end the song with those kinds of chords and slipping into major key? Everything about it was against his own style. So unique and different next to his very technical and layered instrumentals. And yet, he felt in awe of it. So much so that he found himself responding with something far too like the truth.

"...This isn't how I would write this song."