View Single Post
Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-13-2017, 08:34 PM

Too many years of alliances and enemies, both shifting, and fighting already weighted down on Katagiri's belt. At the age of twenty-five, he was one of the youngest lords with a sizable samurai army which he inherited from his father only three years previously. In that time, he already increased their land ownership, but that put them up against their most formidable enemy yet. The other warlord commanded an army even larger than his and their territories touched with all the other small enemies eliminated between them. And for a long time, they fought. Fought until their armies strained under the constant campaigns, dejected by the thought of forever. When would this war end?

Standing in a field of long grasses, Katagiri was ready to make that time now. The camp in which he stood lay just inside his own territory, erected after much planning and messengers being sent between him and the enemy warlord. They were both ready for this. After almost two years of constant fighting, the two decided to make peace. Perhaps even, they could form an alliance instead of this destruction they followed. As Katagiri look up at the blue sky only dotted with clouds, he knew it was what his father would want.

'Watch over me still,' he whispered in silent prayer before he turned toward the largest tent, adjusting his family koi fish insignia to display it proudly. "Come on, Hisawa. I heard the other party is only half an hour out. We should get ready. I..." He paused as he looked at his most trusted commander and childhood friend. "I don't want to mess this up." The fate of them all depended on it as well as his pride because no matter what the other warlord had to say, he wasn't going to lose that. Let all the ancestors here him. Katagiri Shimakage was not someone to mess with.