View Single Post
ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 02-22-2018, 07:57 PM

February 22
Prompt: Zodiac: Pisces
OH BOY. on the one hand, i fuckin love Pisces, on the other hand my former mother is one and she's literally the worst. it really depends on the individual what they do with the traits their signs give them, so Pisces can either be really sweet, empathetic people or they can use their intuitiveness about the emotions of others to manipulate them. Pisces are incredibly talented people who do well at anything they set their minds to, especially creative pursuits. they're very charming and likeable, but they're also prone to recklessness, impulsiveness and letting their emotions get the best of them. they're likely to abuse drugs or alcohol, self harm, and/or have an eating disorder, but most people in their life would never guess because they still manage to be very functional and to look like they're doing fine even when they're not.

Color of the Day

Spanish Word of the Day:
Afectuoso - affectionate

Selfie of the Day:

Song of the Day:

Quote:
There's a bend in the wind and it rakes at my heart,
There is blood in the thread and it rakes at my heart.

Tarot Cards of the Day:

Click to ExpandX

Santa Muerte: Queen of Cups

Quote:
The Queen of Chalices fully represents the favorable energy of which this suit is a part, generous in feelings, capable of spreading affection and spontaneity. She is a maternal and intuitive person and only in certain situations will she transform into an attractive dangerous woman, dishonest and capable of creating misunderstandings and scandals.
Advice of the Dead: You can completely trust your intuition or that of a female figure who is near to you and whom you believe to be reputable.
Note: i don't like this card's interpretation in this deck. it always makes me think of my mom. normally i like this card very much. i guess it's similar in many ways to the zodiac sign Pisces, as both have water and feminine energy. anyway, i think the part of this that pertains to me is that i'm feeling affectionate, i'm being spontaneous rather than carefully planning things out, and that i can trust my intuition right now.

The Wild Unknown: 0 The Fool

Quote:
Spontaneity, Innocence.
The Fool is ready to fly. His young wings ache for flight, and with a single step he leaves behind the comfort of his nest to begin the journey through the Major Arcana. Is he ready? Will he fall? This is a card about beginnings. It points to the side of you that is spontaneous, excited, naive, and inexperienced. Others may doubt your abilities. Be ready to be called the “fool.” Be ready to fall. No matter what people say about you, this is your journey– and it’s already begun.
Note: oh interesting! the Queen of Cups was also about spontaneity. and i got this card yesterday. guess i've been being spontaneous. :0

Twin Peaks: 6 of Swords

Quote:
Feeling listless or somewhat depressed, avoiding the lows but also the highs. Dealing with the effects of trauma, heading towards a more positive place, feeling hope again. Moving from one place to another, being uprooted, entering into a new frame of mind.
Note: i think this ties in to the Fool, i'm entering a new frame of mind and a new way of doing things. i'm also tired, and not particularly happy but not sad. i also feel hopeful.

Golden Thread: 2 of Pentacles

Quote:
Balance, Priorities, Adapting to Change.
A game of balance is what is at work here. This card gives the sense that rapid change has become a norm in your situation. Having to deal with opposing forces is unavoidable in certain circumstances, but luckily, you've had the resilience to be able to deal with them.
Note: added a new deck! no deck interview for this one yet, since it's on my phone and they don't have a deck interview spread so i have to do it card-by-card. but regardless, this is a good first card! and one i've been getting a lot lately.

Homestuck: 5 of Wands

Quote:
Conflict, the moment when the subject finds themselves in competition with others who have just as much drive and ambition as they do. This card indicates that the subject should have faith in their ability to rise above, and warns the subject not to simply give up without a fight.
Note: haven't found myself in any competition yet... but it's only 3pm so we'll see.

Rider Waite: 5 of Wands

Quote:
Disagreement, Competition, Hassles.
You wake up and stub your toe going to the bathroom. You're in the shower and find out there's no soap. At breakfast, you get juice on your shirt. When you get to the car, your battery is dead. It's going to be a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day [note]. You're beset by hassles - those petty annoyances that are infuriating because they are so minor.

The Five of Wands stands for times when your environment seems to be fighting you. Nothing flows smoothly; everyone is working at cross-purposes. The figures on this card are all batting at each other. There is no coordinated effort, no agreement. When this card shows up, be prepared for a bumpy ride. You're going to need extra patience and perseverance to get to the point where you can accomplish something. The Five of Wands does not represent major blockages, just many small, irritating ones.

This card also stands for competition. In the right circumstances, competition is useful. It fosters extra effort, generates excitement and encourages the best. When the Five of Wands appears in a reading, check for competitive elements. You may be involved in a contest, race or game. You may discover you have rivals who are opposing you or challenging your position. You may feel disheartened (or invigorated!) by the dog-eat-dog environment you find yourself in. At its heart, competition is divisive. Make sure it is helping you and others reach your true goals. Otherwise, work toward cooperation.
Note: weird! i'm not really feeling this, but i got it twice... maybe i'll have to look out for the rest of the day. :/
edit: had a little bit of this! really wanted a coffee before stats but the coffee machine had an issue and it made it so i was only one minute early to class and then my teacher was late so i felt silly for rushing, and while i was waiting for him to show up i tried to play animal crossing but the app wouldn't load. then class went 4 minutes over so i only had 5 minutes to get to spanish and i forgot my textbooks in my locker in the Campus Center so i had to stop there (where i finally got coffee too) then rush to spanish with one minute left, and i made it there only one minute late by some sort of miracle, just to find the classroom empty, and when i checked my email it turned out that my professor sent out an email cancelling class a couple minutes before my stats class started. x_x so now i'm stuck on campus for 2 hours, but i don't mind that because i've got my computer. so, really just a number of small frustrations... i wonder why i drew the card twice when it really wasn't that big of an issue... interesting nonetheless. it's always nice when my cards warn me of what's gonna come so i can find ways to mitigate. like, i held onto my coffee extra hard to make sure i didn't drop it.

Diary entry:
had a hard time waking up this morning, but i still managed to do a 5 minute morning yoga and my tarot cards! skipped my shower tho. then i made a new tumblr for my system littles, since we'd been sharing one and they've been asking for their own for forever. it was work, but not as difficult as i expected. and it'll be nice to not have their stuff show up on my dash when i don't wanna see it and for them to not have to go to individual blogs whenever they wanna look at their stuff. the difficult thing is gonna be transferring our posts over since we have almost 2k posts, but i'll let them do that because they wanna look at all the things they reblogged again anyway. next i have Stats and Spanish. i'm not really in the mood for classes, but whatever. i'm sure it'll be fine. i'm just tired. maybe i'll have an extra coffee today.

Yoga?
Yes! 5 minutes, easy. +.05, total: 0.10

Last edited by ghostPastry; 03-16-2018 at 07:53 PM..