View Single Post
Symphony of the Night
(◎_◎;)

Old 07-16-2016, 04:10 PM

Hi SpiceSoul!

The basic purpose of a roleplay is to take turns writing a story with a roleplay partner or group. You can create your own character or use a character that already exists in a movie, manga, television show, book, et cetera. Then, you control what your character does in the story.

Since you are new to roleplay, I would suggest going about it in the following order:

First, find a roleplay partner or group.
  • You can create a thread in the Roleplay Requests subforum or browse other people's threads.
  • If you have any ideas for storylines or settings (time/place) for your roleplay, see if anyone else is interested in carrying out those ideas.

Next, if you haven't done so already, create a storyline or setting for your roleplay. You can create an Out-Of-Character (OOC) thread in the OOC subforum so you and your roleplay partner(s) can bounce ideas off each other.

Then, come up with your character or characters. For each, create a character profile, which can include:
  • A picture of your character
  • Sexual orientation
  • Physical appearance (hair, eyes, build, height, weight, outfit, et cetera)
  • Personality
  • Powers/abilities (if applicable)
  • Family/Relationships (if applicable)
  • And any other information about your character you want to include

You can also create a thread in the Character Journals subforum to keep track of your characters and their information.

I am doing a roleplay right now with sailor star rainbow if you would like to see an example of a one-on-one roleplay: http://www.menewsha.com/forum/rolepl...r-rainbow.html

And I am also part of a roleplay started by Kat Dakuu if you want to see an example of a group roleplay: http://www.menewsha.com/forum/rolepl...-ordinary.html

---------- Post added 07-16-2016 at 04:11 PM ----------

Let me know of any further questions you might have or if you would like clarification on anything I wrote :D