View Single Post
LillieRose
(^._.^)ノ

Old 03-18-2009, 08:57 AM

Let me tell you the absolute and undeniable truth of why I couldn't attend Momocon 2009,although I REALLY REALLY wanted to.

Not many people know this, but I live in Eastern to Central Europe,in Serbia to be precise.As you probably know (or maybe don't know), Serbia is a country which is waaaaaaay behind in development politically as well as economically,hence the fees for making a passport are through the roof!I tackled that problem,since I already have a passport,but I bet you have no idea how hard it is to get a visa for the US,do you?Since you announced the attendance on the convention on the 13th February,that's not nearly enough time for me to gather all the necessary paperwork,prove that I have not been convicted, prove how much money I am making and prove all the small,unimportant facts about my measly existance to the all important people at the embassy.Not to mention it takes approximately 17 hours to get there by plane,not to mention that to my measly teacher's pay,I could have barely afford the plane ticket.

In addition to that,I would have had to excuse myself from work,skip my exams and miss out a chance on going out with a really hot guy on Saturday. xD

So,if this isn't an excuse enough,I don't know what is. xD