View Single Post
Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 10-05-2015, 07:03 PM

For the first time in the drow's life, he actually felt something when Mae rushed out the door. If he were quicker, he would have taken her by the hand and pulled her in. Although Saith was no love expert, the man did have his fair share of dates and usually a fleeing suspect was one guilty of crushing on him. So it was true. They both had feelings for one another. Now, the depth and breadth of that feeling still needed investigating. Still, if she did have feelings for him....

Biting his lip, Saith pulled from the chair and flew himself into the hallway. As he suspected, she was already gone.

"Dammit, Saith," he muttered to himself. Drow was definitely kicking himself now for not reacting fast enough. To think, had he been able to pull her in just as fast as she flew out--

No. He shook his head. What was he thinking. This was nothing. Just another quickie hook up. In and out, literally.

And yet, the thought left a bitter taste in his mouth. It was almost too much. His throat burned and he felt a wretched taste in his mouth. Was that... vomit? Doubling over, he forced the fluid down. He felt... so out of it.

Hand flying to his forehead, he checked his temperature. Boy was he warm. Flushed and flustered. Why was his back ablaze. Even his cheeks stung. And his heart? Well, it felt like it was going to burst.

What were these feelings? He had never had this issue before. He had done similar routines and tricks with other women. But this... this was the first time it actually messed with his mind. Was he... no, it couldn't be. Saith didn't do that. He refused to do that. And yet... all the evidence pointed to it. Was he... no, he couldn't admit it. All those times before it was just for play. To get the mood right. But now, right now... it felt... so real.

Before any eyes could question his jerky gestures, he moved back to the room. Closing door halfway, he slumped into the chair and found himself staring at nothing while repeating inwardly, "she's just a woman, she's just a woman, she's just a woman."

"But she's more than that," he whispered while slamming his head into the desk. "Ugh," he grunted before rapped his head on the table a few more times. "Stupid, stupid, stupid."

No, no, no! This was not the plan! Not that there was a plan! But this... her... him... no! Just no!

----

Had it been Saith, he would have plowed into the woman. But this was Kevlar. He wasn't as wrapped up in his own little woes of love (well he was but he was more focused with the here and now) so he didn't slam into the woman.

Stepping to the side, he watched as Mae walked past him. Everything about her seemed off. Reeling back, he was about to ask her what was wrong when another man approached. Brow piqued, he listened.

"Hey so, wanna be my date for the dance."

Before Mae could even reject the offer, the brunette was stepping into the conversation and throwing on his 'get lost' face. "With you? Ha, she could do so much better. Why don't you amscray before I rewrite your definition for pain." Rolling up his sleeves, the taller male sent the suitor running with tail tucked between legs. "That's what I thought."

As he glanced down, he caught the taunted look in her eyes again.

"Whoa, hey." His hands were on her shoulders, preventing her from walking further. "What's wrong. You act like you saw a ghost." She seemed flustered. Perhaps a ghost was the wrong term to use though. She didn't appear scared. More... nervous? Uncertain? Bewitched? Running over other idioms to use, he stopped when the thought of Saith popped into his head. Smile slowly creeping onto face, the taller man couldn't hold back his comment. "Or perhaps I should say... a drow."

If he finally caught her attention, Kev would smile. "I'm his roommate. And yes, I'm in the know. But your secret is safe with me!" He pretended to zip his lips. "Did he ask you out? Is that why you're all jittery?" Releasing his grip, he stepped back and smiled. He didn't even wait to hear what she had to say. "I'm so happy!" And with that, he wrapped his arms around her and gave her the warmest, most loving hug.

Of course, such actions always came with consequences, as the duo would soon find out.