View Single Post
NekoLen
Tachigami's Personal Slave

Penpal

Old 07-19-2014, 01:23 AM

Chester stayed in his room. He didn't feel up to getting up and rejoining the man in his living room. Instead he laid on his back stared up at the ceiling, tossing things around in his mind. What was the point of keeping him alive? Why hadn't they just shot him after the accident? There was no point living this life. Even his own family had nothing to do with him anymore, after he had lost his temper and punched his five year old niece in the face.

He closed his eyes, trying to recall the happier days, but that was hidden behind a wall of red hot anger. Had he had friends? Where did they go? As he thought about this, the phone rung somewhere in the house. He didn't bother moving, hearing Delvin answer it.

The phone call, though Chester didn't know it, was from an old friend, a man by the name of Reese. He greeted Delvin, asking how Chester was. When Delvin offered to give the phone over to Chester, Reese said no.

"I... I was a good friend... But... It's been so long... I couldn't face him after no contact for so long... But I had no choice, I was ordered out to Africa and... Well, I only just heard about the accident. I heard he had changed... He probably couldn't remember me... Look, I have to go. Just tell him I called and I'll write to him. I will try calling again next week... If I'm not ordered out to front lines." Reese then said good bye and hung up.