View Single Post
Captain Howdy
L'Enfant Terrible

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-22-2017, 12:30 AM

Day Six StoryX

Townie C: Remind me again why we decided to follow Kris here?

evilcupcakecat: Because we’re rebels, thrill seekers living on the edge! And because otherwise we’d be out of the story.

Townie C: Story? What story?

evilcupcakecat: Y’see, normally this would be a Halloween story, but…

Townie C: Ugh, can’t we go one year without breaking the fourth wall?

Eyeless Silas: Heh heh heh, too bad for you two, your stories are over!

evilcupcakecat: AUUUUUGGGGGGGHHHH! At least we can still get prizes!

---

Some had taken Mayor Barton’s advice of leaving Lake Cornwell by braving the weather, some had simply decided to wall themselves up in their homes, and the citizen’s that remained followed Kristopher in his search for Randy, whether out of curiosity or a simple need for closure. As they trekked through the snow and up the hill toward the mayor’s mansion, Kris wished he had made this journey alone. Something told him that those who had decided to stray from his group would be safe. This fiend, Eyeless Silas, would be waiting for them. He just hoped he could get to Randy in time.

When they arrived, the mansion entrance stood wide open. But like a bad horror film, once they were inside the doors slammed shut and the lights went out. Panicked, people scattered as Kristopher shouted for them to stick together, but to no avail. All he could do was pray they would be free from danger. But as he, April and Shane navigated the darkened halls, a growing doubt told him none of them were safe.

Kristopher: What was I thinking, wanting to come up here? Why was I so stupid?

Shane: We came here because no matter how he’s involved, we can’t just let Randy go off on his own.

April: And you were thinking that we deserved to know the truth.

Kristopher: [frustrated] And what were you two thinking, following me?! I told you to go with the others. It’s not safe!

April: And who’s to say it’s any safer out there?! Kris, I am no damsel in distress. And Shane’s a big boy. We can do as we please.

Kristopher: You can also be damned obstinate, that's what you can be! If you had just listened…

April: And why should we listen to the town librarian?

Kristopher: I am not the town librarian, April! I… Oh wait, I am.

April: [softening] Look Kris, I know you only have our best interests in mind, but this isn’t something we can just let go.

Shane: April’s right. We can’t ignore all that’s happened. Everyone that’s died tonight, they weren’t just strangers. These are our neighbors and our friends. Lake Cornwell hasn’t always been good to me, but despite that, I love this town. And right now, my town is under attack. And if there’s a chance we can stop this asshole, we have to try. – I’ve spent a long time trying to do things on my own. But if I’ve only learned one thing tonight, it’s that if I want to survive, I have to rely on others. I’m relying on you, Kris. So please rely on me.

Kristopher: [nodding] …Okay.

The brief respite is suddenly broken by a frantic shout that fills the house.

Kristopher: That’s Randy!

Back through the kitchen and formal dining area, they found themselves again in the main hall. The power was still out, but the winter moon had reappeared, casting light into the room. A second shout split the silence, and Randy appeared, breathless, on the upstairs landing.

Kristopher: Randy!

Mayor Barton: [looking down in horror] What are you doing here?! You need to leave! I told you to get out of Lake Cornwell!

Shane: Randy, whatever you’re afraid to tell, it’s okay. It doesn’t matter that you kept it a secret.

April: And even if you don’t want to say it, please come with us.

Mayor Barton: I can’t!

Kristopher: Yes you can, Randy. We’re your friends.

Mayor Barton: You don’t understand! [sadly] Kris, you were right. I haven’t always been the best mayor.

Kristopher: Randy, no… I…

Mayor Barton: No, I know it’s true. But now… I really do want to be someone you can all believe in. And that’s why I ran. I was trying to save you. He’s coming for me… and after he does, he’s coming for…

The other find their way back to the hall, just as April screams. Mayor Barton’s final word is stifled by a mouthful of blood. His face pained, he turns to see the ghastly form of Eyeless Silas standing there, knife in hand, and then falls to the carpeted floor. Kristopher steps back in fear, before being overtaken by rage.

Kristopher: Who are you?! Why the f**k are you doing this to us?!

Eyeless Silas: [snickering] You pride yourself on your intelligence, Kristopher Simpson, and yet you know nothing.

Kristopher is momentarily stunned, hearing his name spoken from the monster’s mouth.

Eyeless Silas: Imagine the trouble we could have saved if only Barton had told the truth. I would have still killed him, but we could have done without all this running around. [grinning] You wish to educate yourselves, and to know why I seek my vengeance? Search the town library, and the truth will be revealed. And I… will be waiting.

Soundlessly, Eyeless Silas disappears into the shadowy upstairs hall, leaving the group below shaken. Kristopher is the first to move. He climbs the steps to Mayor Barton’s body, momentarily leaning down to close his eyes, and say a silent goodbye.

Kristopher: I’m going to library. Is everyone with me?

Shane: Yes.

April: Yeah.

They all agree.

Kristopher: Ghost or no ghost, before this night is done, we’re putting an end to this.

Where is everybody?X

-- Children's Books
Ava the Vampire - ooo
DamiaFlagg - ooo
dragoness129 - ooo
Eastriel - ooo
musasgal - ooo
Naisou - ooo
Rochiel Silverfire - ooo

-- Computer Lab
Divacita - ooo
Dystopia - ooo
ghostPastry - ooo
Professor Lily - ooo
salvete - ooo
Xogizmoox - ooo

-- Head Librarian's Office
Angel Spirit Girl - ooo
HIM_ROCK - ooo
Kent - ooo

-- Media Room
DivineHeart - ooo

-- Periodicals Room
*Hime* - ooo
Mimmu - ooo
Miscreant74 - ooo
Nema - ooo
xoxoAngiexoxo - ooo

-- Reference Room
Mikio - ooo
sadrain - ooo
Shadami - ooo
wish - ooo

-- Storage Room
star2000shadow - ooo
woohoohelloppl - ooo

-- Used Book Store
evilcupcakecat - ooo
Hadsvich - ooo
hummy - ooo
Kay - ooo
Kiari - ooo
SessysMika - ooo
Suona - ooo
Velvet - ooo
Xo~GREMLIN~oX - ooo

Last edited by Captain Howdy; 01-02-2018 at 05:52 AM..