Thread: Does God exist?
View Single Post
Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 05-16-2018, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
Okay, let me ask you this. If God (or even Jesus) asks you to murder your parents or cast them aside, would you? Would you discard of your parents like they mean nothing to you?
Velvet:

My apologies to you for not noticing your posted questions here. I wasn't avoiding your question, but rather I didn't think to look here.

To clarify, when I mention God, I mean the God of the Christian bible. To me, use of the word God and Jesus is interchangeable.

God would never ask you or anyone else to murder or otherwise callously discard one's parents. The proof we have of this is in the Ten Commandments with Thou shalt not murder and Honor thy father and mother. Note that there are no stipulations that parents must be deemed worthy of being honored, but simply that we are to do as commanded.

I hope I don't come across as some hardliner, but there's so much confusion and deception in this world it is staggering and can be overwhelming if you truly pay attention to details and question what is presented as fact. I've always seen things as being either right or wrong with no "gray" area. A particular wrongdoing may have varying degrees of severity, but it's either good or bad.

I hope my answer is satisfactory. Was there something else you were getting at?