View Single Post
Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 11-13-2015, 04:13 PM

"You're very brave." Her hand rested lightly on the Unai's shoulder. "Rory would be proud of the sacrifices you're willing to make to regain what has been lost." Giving Faline a firm squeeze, she pulled the woman into her embrace. It was a fleeting gesture but it symbolized kindness and trust. It meant a lot to know that Faline was indeed choosing to follow the wolf-woman rather than her twin sister.

Not daring to force things for she respected Faline's decision, she turned curtly on her toes. It was time they wander back into those woods and see if they could discover the truth.

"I found a spring with healing properties." Her voice was a gentle whisper among the chirping and singing of birds. "I think it wise for you to bathe in it. It might help with the pain."

She didn't say much else from there on out. From time to time, she would hiss at a wild carnivore or whistle along with the birds, but mostly Aleu kept to herself. Although she seemed to tune out the world, it was far from the truth. Instead, in her silence, she sucked everything in. She felt the earth shift below her feet. Her tongue tasted the moisture in the air. Aleu's nostrils flared whenever the delicious scent of fruit wafted her way. Ever her ears, visible black devil-like horns atop her head, rotated with each sound the forest produced.

The path they walked was unlike any others the duo had journeyed down. It was calculated for Aleu didn't want to injure Faline past the point of walking. The route was fairly easy--just low dips and hills to saunter down. Trees with vines littered the path, but it was easy to duck or climb over whatever vegetation marred the dirt trail below.

The earth seemed still. The monsters of the island did sleep during the day but it was never this calm. Noting this, Aleu cast her gaze to the barely visible clouds above.

Rroy, pending these next few days, I may require your assistance.

Nonsense. You're more than capable of handling this. Besides, I'm a bit preoccupied with other matters. Zero and Reno will be more than enough help. And, with any luck, Ryna will learn a thing or two.

You enjoy torturing our children, don't you? A small smirk came to her face.

"We're nearly there," she cooed to Faline. "Just behind these berry bushes will be a lake so serine that you can see all that swims within it."

Of course. Is that not why we had them? So I could continue being a bully. It's not like you let me push you around anymore.

I suppose you are right. It is time they learn their place in the world.

Oh come now, surely you are enjoying this too. It has been ages since the Lypheion and Unai have worked together. You're building back what had since been destroyed. With any luck, you'll reunite the clans.

It would be nice. My people are dying. We need the Unai. Their race always helped us thrive. Since they were drive out and divided, we haven't been the same. We need each other to balance things out. Without us, they lack protection and order. Without them, we lack care and purpose. Not to mention, tradition has fallen by the wayside. It's time to bring it back. Faline... I know she has what it takes to make a great leader.

I agree. But do you think her clan, the one that cast her out and want nothing to do with saving her, will really let her return to rule?

Heh, with all due respect, love, how about you let me handle those matters. I do have a trick up my sleeve. I hear love can mend most broken bonds.

Aleu... Are you playing match-maker?

Pulling back the bushes, Aleu opened up a view to a lake. Its water was indeed crystal clear with a full view of the bottom. Within it were coy fish, swelling with color and life. Blossoms from nearby trees dotted the water's surface and a warm, white glow seemed to mist its way into the air.

"Go on," Aleu nudged Faline, "get in."

---------- Post added 11-13-2015 at 11:33 AM ----------

"Akina is nothing," Ryna commented in a voice that strongly suggested the topic by dropped. It was not her place to speak on behalf of Zero. If he wanted to explain who Akina was and what the creature's purpose meant... well, that was on the older male.

Biting her lip, Reno shrugged. She wanted to speak but how could she without giving too much away. Ryna was already pissed and she didn't need to provoke the woman more. Mulling over her words, the blonde finally figured out how to lace together her comment.

"Akina is a Zero-thing. If you wish to know more, you'll have to speak with him. Ryna and I are... well... we're not supposed to talk about it." Rubbing her lips together, she shot Ryna an 'I'm sorry' glance.

"Yeah," the raven said in a harsh tone. "It's not really our place to say anyth--" Her brows knit together before a scowl took over her face. "Speak of the devil." Haughty blue gaze falling on Zero, she planted a hand on her hip before sighing with annoyance. "What?"

Brow piqued, the male laughed. "What's your problem today, princess? Didn't have a sound night's sleep?" Rolling his eyes, he moved over toward Reno. "You're not sour too, right?"

"NOPE!" She belted out before lunging at the man. "I was... nekkid. I saw... nekkid people. .... Nekkid."

Cringing, Zero waggled his elbow to break free of Reno's grip. "I really don't what to know about your nude little affairs. I'm happy on my own." His arm flew out to the side and pointed to the nothingness he came from. "In my corner of peace and quiet. With no naked women screeching about being naked."

"Hey now," her cheeks puffed out. She opened her lips again but nothing came out. Frustrated, she punched her brother on the shoulder. "You're a poo-poo head."

"Wow," Zero placed a hand on his heart before faltering. "Whatever will I do. You have broken my ego. Forever I shall be dubbed... poo-poo head." Bleak look on his face, his hands crossed over his chest. With a light shift in his stance, the missing sword revealed itself.

"So what are you ladies up to this fine morning?" He didn't ask because he was curious. He asked because he was worried he would have to babysit them, pending their response.

"Gonna go swimming at the beach."

His brow hiked up.

"We'll be.... nekkid."

Grunting, Ryna whipped around and grabbed the blonde by her shirt. "We will not be naked, Reno. If you're still planning on inviting our brother, you better be fully clothed."

Eye twitching, Zero shuddered. "I've seen enough naked Reno's to last me a life time. So yeah, how about you wear swimsuits. You did pack one."

"Nope."

"I packed you one."

"Oh boo."

Stopping by the cabins quickly, Ryna snagged the appropriate attire before heading toward the beach. "You ladies joining us?"

TwitchTumblrInstagram
Wanna roleplay? WTF or Mene