View Single Post
Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 04-11-2016, 02:36 AM

Sighing with relief, Lucy quickly finished drying her hands. She took a few minutes to pause and ponder over the exchange she just had with James before returning to the register. That was too close for comfort. The longer Lucy stopped to think about all that happened this morning, the sadder it made Lucy become and she soon found that tears had begun to stream down her face. She wiped they away as quickly as they had fell, but she knew her eyes would be red if the tears didn't stop soon.

She sniffed. "Shit, shit shit shit..." She cursed as the faster she wiped, the faster the tears began to fall, spilling onto her milky skin and leaving stains on her cheeks. It sucked that this was happening. But she was still so upset over that man using her like that. It wasn't right, it wasn't fair.

The tears finally stopped, Lucy felt like she had shed every tear her body could possibly produce and she wiped her face clean finally made her way out of the kitchen and towards the register. When she got there, she carefully watched her brother and James' sister. They seemed to be getting along fine.

Jack smiled. "That's really cool, Sammy." He blushed a little when she asked what he was studying. The truth was, he wasn't too sure what he wanted to do with his life yet. In fact, he wasn't even planning on going to college, but he'd done so because his sister had gone. The family had decided if Lucy could go to college, so could Jack. But that didn't mean he knew what he wanted to do with the rest of his life. He smiled and chuckled nervously,

"Well... uh... I don't know. I'm just taking my basics right now." He didn't feel like explaining that the one major reason for him going to college was so that he could look after his big sister. "You know, until I figure out what I want to major in. But for right this very second... I'm studying...." Jack looked at his book. "Algebra."

Something caught the corner of Jack's eye, he craned his head over his shoulder just to see what it was, and was surprised but relieved to see that it was just Lucy. Only, she looked a little different. Being the overprotective brother he was, he thought it would be best to make sure things were okay with her. "Uhm... excuse me for a second, Sammy... I just need to check in with sis for a second."

Last edited by Kory; 04-12-2016 at 09:05 PM..