View Single Post
Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 12-04-2015, 09:25 PM

Tarek stood there for who knew how long. Eventually, he just sat on the soft leaves with his knees crossed as he stared up at the sky. It really was beautiful here. And yet, the sky above looked exactly the same as it did over his home, no matter how different everything else seemed to be. Why did the two sides of the mountain have to be so different? This sort of beauty should be revered.

Fingering the ocarina in his lap, he wondered how much time passed since he last played a note. An irrational part of him expected that Holly might burst from the bushes seconds after he played and throw her arms around him. But perhaps he did not play loud or long enough and she didn't hear him at all. He didn't want to try playing the instrument again though because the noises that came out of it made him sad. He made a mockery of the gift with his lack of skill. Sighing, he continued to wait, growing more restless despite the soothingness the forest should have given him.

Tarek jumped at the sound of Holly's voice. He didn't noticed her approach and he found her with his eyes immediately, trying to calm his beating heart. "Holly! You gave me such a fright!" he exclaimed. This faun woman always seemed to and he resisted the urge to chide her for it. A man like him shouldn't be jumping so easily. A second later, his expression turned to one of puzzlement. Weapons? Why would he bring any except for the knife he kept hidden in the belt under his coat for protection and hunting. Pointless violence was always shunned by his people.

"Ah...yes, I did find some information," he exclaimed after clearing his throat. "It's wonderful actually! To have come all this way, I've finally started to find some answers. I can't wait to go back to the library and learn as much as I can. I told you this journey would be worth it. They have everything there. You should see it..." Tarek sighed with his bliss and excitement showing through his voice. He was happy and he wanted Holly to be happy for him as well.

Taking a step forward, he closed the last of the distance between them. "But you needn't worry. I am a man that keeps my promises," he said, holding out his pinky to remind Holly of the words they shared the day before.