View Single Post
Cows Go Moo
Crouching Roleplayer Hidden Lurker

Old 07-27-2014, 01:54 AM

Glancing up at the mansion Alex felt a wave of nostalgia hit him. The first time he was dropped off at Ella's doorstep was many years ago, back when he was a child. The gates had towered over him. The way the windows shone were more reminiscent of crystal than glass. The impeccably watered greenery made him forget about the drought that had hit Crystal Cove that year. When the door opened that time it wasn't Ella who answered, but a youthful woman who could have been Ella's older sister if not for the modulated voice and "adulty" (as Alexander had called it) way she chirped "Ella, your friend is here."

Even now, not much had changed aside from the fact that he was older and joined by the rest of Crystal Cove's crime solvers. They were still brimming with anticipation as they waited to see who would answer the door. If it was Ella they would be all hugs and smiles, but if it were anyone else he would hope for one of Ella's sisters. Unlike her parents, they didn't pay as much mind to their involvement with Ella's life since they were largely busy being pretty, successful overachievers that were around every now and again. Don't get him wrong, they would be interesting people by normal standards, but Alexander wasn't about "normal standards". Besides, the only engineer in the Windsor family didn't want to help him with the traps.

Luckily for the gang, it was Ella who answered the door and ushered them into her gigantic home.

"Yo how's it been?" Alex asked offhandedly as he headed inside.

As one might expect, the mansion was decorated to the tee with stylish couches, padded chairs, crystal glassware, and a chandelier worth enough to feed a third world country. Compared to that, he essentially lived in a three-room shack. Granted, his uncle probably could have afforded something bigger but Uncle Chris preferred spending money on his hobbies versus the living space. "Then again I spend all my money on trap stuff."

After making his way to the living room and sitting at his usual, designated spot on one of the couches he grabbed one of the clippings that she finished flipping through ("Can I see this?").

"According to this none of the security cameras could place the figure driving the tractors away," he stated, "and none of the mechanics at Mr. Bently's would answer my questions either. Do any of you have leads?"

Last edited by Cows Go Moo; 07-27-2014 at 03:29 AM..