View Single Post
sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 06-24-2014, 05:46 AM

Ah, so the curiosity had won! Ryan's smirk widened. Not quite what he had expected, but perhaps the questions were just distraction to get him lower his guard. Well, she could wait until end of world(s) for that. Not that she had to know, though. What's more, this game could be played by two. He stepped further away, seemingly casual and relaxed, and swept gaze around the room, both exploring his options in it and looking for something to start fire with. In the short time they had talked, temperature seemed to have significantly lowered.

"I already told you, is your memory so short? Memory loss wasn't mentioned as your power side effect," he told her, moving to back of room, but careful not to turn his back on her, ever. He rearranged some of the furniture. "I do what I have to do, nothing personal, believe me." He looked about again and picked a metal-like sheet up. After quick work, the edges of it was bent and he placed item behind makeshift barricades. "And regarding your name, I've done some research. Or rather they have." He didn't elaborate, didn't plan to. At least not until blonde shot more questions at him.

Grabbing fistful of material that seemed to be paper (hopefully flammable as the real Earth thing), he dropped it on sheet and picked one of the boards, breaking it easily in multiple pieces and then another one. Firewood was also set on metal sheet. Still aware of her position and any sudden move she'd make, he fetched matches from outer pocket of his backpack. After short struggle, his hopes of making small fireplace came true and callous grin was replaced by content smile. For a brief moment, that is.

"In short, I'm just a delivery boy, ma'am," the taunting tone was back again now that he stood, staring at her rather intently. The way he had adjusted furniture meant light wouldn't be so easily noticed from someone peaking in through the window, as long as he kept it small. Never bad to take some precaution.

The bitterness of his words was well hidden, he was in a long practice of sounding arrogant and void of emotions that it wasn't even completely fake anymore. Not the second part, at least. And although Ryan had said he had some information on her, he knew so little. Like, how old she was? By her attitude, he'd give her 18, maybe, but she looked slightly older. It could be just the exhaustion, however. Perhaps, it had been a trying day on her as well and it was far from over still. Although he wished it was, that he had already delivered his package and he could completely disregard that hushed voice of morality in furthest corner of his mind that insisted kidnapping this girl was wrong. And that even worse would be to hand her over to uncaring, cruel people that would bend and break her for their benefit, the people that owned him - something that he couldn't swallow in his generally resigned state of mind.