View Single Post
Tachigami
It's quiet, now.
Send a message via AIM to Tachigami

Old 09-28-2016, 11:37 PM

Driscoll furrowed his brows so fast it looked as if someone had flipped a switch. Maybe he just wasn't used to... this. He wasn't always so critical, but at the same time, he was thinking about the dogs. The old ones, especially, the animals that needed love and kindness, compassion, calm friendly tones. Shen---this guy---it was pretty clear he wasn't the type to be open and friendly. Already he seemed like that stereotypical guy, the I-don't-show-emotions type of guy that just seemed put on, or made to be so deeply religious to that person it was clear it was forced onto them from a young age. Still, Driscoll shook his head slowly, adjusting the heavy bag in his arms and putting it back onto his shoulder. "There's a lot to do---and no I'm not in charge, actually, you'll probably meet Benny somewhere today. Anyway, c'mon."

He reached down again, wrapping his arm back around the Shiba and lifting her heavy body up. She went limp, and huffed as she was maneuvered. "Anyway---as you can see, there's lots to do, every single day." Driscoll said as he waded through another swarm. "I'm Driscoll by the way, I'm gonna be helpin' out. At least 'till you got it down, yeah?"

"Anyway---every mornin' when we come in, we feed the dogs. Puppies in one room, they got a big trough along the wall 'till we train 'em to stay at one bowl. Adults and elders in another room so they don't have to deal with puppies trying to steal. Then we let 'em all out in the yard for a couple hours, we gotta play with 'em so they're not afraid of people, 'kay? And 'round eleven, we take 'em on a walk to get 'em used to a leash, and walkin' in a group is good for socializing too. After we come back, they get lunch, the same way they got breakfast, yeah? Then outside again, but this time we leave the doors open so they can come in or out if they wanna. Smaller dogs might wanna stay in. They're bein' paper trained though, so if you see any sniffin' around, take a bag of treats and take 'em to a paper. If they go on the paper, they get a treat, see? I dunno if you're gonna be here 'till dinnertime but that's most of the day already. While they're out we work on trainin' them, what we focus on depends on their age."

As he was talking, Dricsoll had opened the door to the room marked "Puppy Meal Room" on a plain plaque. He had set the Shiba down, and rather than coming in with a wave of puppies, she trotted a ways down the hallway. "So you get it so far?" Driscoll asked, setting the puppy food bag down and patting the side of it.