View Single Post
Esmme
See you later, Cole. "How do you know?"

Old 02-23-2015, 04:13 AM

[Cole's status: Visible to all; memorable to Adira, Euriphuim, and Asha.]

Quote:
"Visible" = seen, but unremembered. If you see Cole, he's like a fragment of a dream. Usually you can't see him unless there's a specific reason for your attention to focus on him. Ex: He's moving objects around or speaking with someone else.

"Memorable" = Unless you have spoken to me about a specific allowance, you will not remember past conversations, past meetings, nor seeing him. You will not remember Cole's name, nor his face. It's like meeting someone new - again, and again.

If I've spoken to you about it, then some of you can able to recall his name, his appearance, or a quality about him. Some lucky few may even harbor brief, shallow memories of Cole.

The person he'd run into was none other than their guest: Rosie. Cole's ears flattened, and he fumbled with an apology once again. "I-it wasn't you. I sh-should have watched where I was going." The faun's wide eyes locked on Rosie's briefly as she blushed, and he fidgeted with the napkin he had left in his hands. He looked uncomfortable with making Rosie blush so brightly. She was new here, and what was the first thing she did? Toss food all over the others. That was a terrible first experience.

The pale youth continued to stare at Rosie, not exactly surprised she'd seen him. He'd bumped into her, after all. Cole slowly turned his gaze to the food that had flown in Adira and Midori's direction, his white ears slowly lowering in apology. "It isn't that bad. It isn't sticky." Cole swallowed and glanced to Rosie again, a blush on his own features as he moved to help the strong woman pick up some of the food. "At least it wasn't honey."

With a nervous hum, Cole offered Rosie some of the fallen food. "It wasn't you. I'm always underfoot." Another quiet hum, and he flicked an ear at her before blinking and looking back down. "Usually I stay out of the way." A pause. "I'm losing my touch." There might have been a slight smile on his usually anxious features. The faun flicked an ear again, then passed Rosie a clean plate. He stepped back and stared at her for a few moments as though expecting her to stop looking back ... then stepped back again, and stood awkwardly while waiting for the others to take their seats.

Asha had just come closer to him when Cole finally seemed to start fading once again. He looked uncomfortable with his presence being noticed, and kept his gaze from catching on anyone else's. The faun willed himself to disappear, though at the same time a small part of him wanted to join them at the table. It was a very small part of him - a part that he didn't appreciate. Cole rather enjoyed listening to and watching everyone else. It was his favorite thing to do: to watch others interact. It was nice to see recognition in their eyes, and to witness the furthering of relationships.

Meekly glancing to the winged female beside him, Cole forced his hands to be still. He'd been fidgeting again. Releasing his hold on the red scarf about his neck, the short creature pulled his gaze toward the group around the table.

Last edited by Esmme; 02-23-2015 at 01:27 PM..