View Single Post
ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 01-20-2016, 04:48 PM

Men with ill intent? Nyx looked down at herself as the male said that, his eyes wandering as well. She looked at her clothing; it was light, flowed nicely on a breeze. Her jacket closed over her chest and up to her neck, there was only small gap between the tops of her thigh high boots and skirt as well. "What's not to like? My outfit's super cute!" Her brows furrowed as she tried to grasp what the male meant; it wasn't like anyone in the nearby area could actually hurt her, not with the facility out of commission for the time being. There was enough snow to keep her powers going for quite a while too. Was it the outfit itself? Did they want something with that? Nyx shook her head, no, it must have been the first thing the guy was talking about; her outfit was too awesome for someone to not like it.

Her eyes then fell on the male again; was he, was he really doubting her? Her eyes narrowed as she looked at the male, a look of disbelief on her face as she said, "I'm not helpless you know. I don't think you really know who you're talking to." She then straightened herself, hands proudly on her hips. "You know, I have some awesome powers," she boasted before a look mixed with horror and disbelief crossed her face. She looked back and forth for a moment before saying, "I, I happen to be a black belt." Yeah, that sounded good. "Got that, a black belt," she repeated, as though it would make the statement anymore believable. "So, no need to worry, I can handle myself until my friends arrive, should I need them."

When the guy said he wasn't one of them, she couldn't help but feel her heart drop. This man, the love of her life, they couldn't share this bond of being the same thing. So what if he's not like you, maybe it won't bother him, she thought to herself, her mind and gaze wandering from the man as she soon looked to be deep in thought. The focus in her eyes made it seem like she was thinking of something of dire importance. Yeah, maybe. It's only water, so it's not like it's that weird, not like I have blades that come out of my arms or anything.

Her eyes locked on the rock as she felt as though her heart stopped for a moment. But I turn into a dolphin. Who could accept that?! That's a little on the weird side. A look of panic seemed to cross her face as she tried to reassure herself. Maybe he likes dolphins.

It wasn't until she saw him move from the corner of her eye that she noticed he had turned and started to leave. "Wait!" She called after him as she took a few steps to catch up to him. "Do you like dolphins?" Her hand reached out, nearly touching his before she pulled it back, her palm planting itself on her forehead, her other one waving dismissively.

"No, I mean, come with me, please," she looked up at him, her eyes pleading as she then grasped his larger hand in both of her own. "Please come back with me."