View Single Post
ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 01-05-2018, 02:13 AM

January 10

Prompt: I wish ___
that I will get all A's again this semester. I also wish for us to be able to move into our new apartment in April, not later.

Avi of the Day:

Outfit of the Day:

Song of the Day:

Quote:
Digital witnesses, what's the point of even sleeping?
If I can't show it, if you can't see me.
What's the point of doing anything?

Tarot Cards of the Day:

Click to ExpandX

Santa Muerte: 10 of Swords

Quote:
The chrysalis has closed and the moth is now complete, evolved and able to hang from a height and have a total and impartial view. The pain, the problems we have dealth with, the tears we have spilt, have reached their apex and are transformed, ready to overcome the situation by grabbing the opportunities that are presented in front of us and that we are now able to deal with.
Advice of the Dead: Sublimate all the negative events that have passed and make the most of all the possibilities that are manifesting around you as soon as possible.
Note: wow, this card is so fitting for me today.

The Wild Unknown: XI Strength

Quote:
Mastery of Emotions.
It's common to think of this card as the roaring, devouring side of the lion. But look again-- the "strength" this card suggests is a much deeper force that's found within. The lion represents our most patient, composed self. He's a master of focus, compassion, and self-control. When this card comes up, you're in need of harnessing this power for yourself. All the courage you need can be found in the muscle known as the heart.

Twin Peaks: 7 of Swords

Quote:
Avoiding obligations, procrastinating. Feeling you don't need anyone else, preferring solitude. Deceiving or being deceived, lying or stealing, maneuvering behind the scenes.

Homestuck: XII The Hanged Man

Quote:
Allowing what will happen to happen, accepting the future. Pausing to reflect. Sacrifice and martyrdom.

Rider Waite: 4 of Cups reversed

Quote:
Self-Absorption, Apathy, Going Within.
Those who enjoy kayaking and other river sports know that there are areas of the river where the water flows in a dangerous circular motion. Instead of moving forward, it turns back on itself. In the same way, we can get stuck in emotional hydraulics. The Four of Cups represents such periods of self-absorption.

If you are self-absorbed, you tend to refer everything back to yourself - your own interests and desires. On this card, we see a man who is unaware of the cup being offered to him. He misses this gift because he's turned within. In readings, the Four of Cups can indicate that you are wrapped up for the moment in your own world.

In some situations, you must focus on yourself. When life is too stressful, you need to devote time and energy to yourself or you will feel swamped. The Four of Cups can represent a positive period of self-reflection and renewal. By taking the time to go within to dream, muse and reflect, you restore your emotional balance.

The Four of Cups is sometimes a sign of apathy. You don't really care much about anything. Your life seems stale and flat because you've lost interest in the activities that used to bring you pleasure. You're not motivated to make much of an effort in any direction. At such times, the Four of Cups can show that you're stuck emotionally. You need something to focus on that will so engage your mind and heart that your path down river becomes clear again. Open yourself to your surroundings. Soon you will be on your way again.
Note: Since it's reversed, I'm taking this to mean that I am seeing the fourth cup I'm being offered, but the deck is reminding me to keep the three cups in front of me in mind as well. I might be too engaged in the things that are making me happy, and need to remember to slow down a bit.

Diary entry:
today has been a pretty laid-back day. i assembled a tv stand for Scout! it was pretty easy, no tools required. other than that, i really didn't do much. i managed to churn out an outfit of the day finally! not that my outfit was particularly good. xD; i've got other art i need to do, but i wanted to draw something that didn't have to be good. drawing for other people can be a lot of pressure for me. i really wanna do well if it's for someone else.

Last edited by ghostPastry; 01-14-2018 at 10:36 PM..