View Single Post
Captain Howdy
L'Enfant Terrible

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-13-2016, 11:00 PM

(>^_^)>~~MONDAY~~<(^_^<)

Today's Prompt:
The Future Of

When I was a kid and I would watch the old Looney Tune and MGM shorts, some of my very favorites were the 'home of the future' type of cartoons. Just something about them I loved.

Here are four of them on Vimeo. From Tex Avery, so you know they're good. ;D

I also like the real ones. The short informational films from the 40s, 50s and 60s, that showcase the projected technology of the future and how it'll make our lives so much simpler. It fascinates me what some people thought the future would look like. Because these films, they were filled with all these advancements, yet they still held onto the same social structures. Like... let's see what the world will be like in the year 2000! And men are still sitting in their lounge chairs, with newspaper and pipes. And women haven't left the kitchen. They still breeze about in heels and pearls, while a robot chops their carrots. It's goofy. Plus, it just amuses me to no end that this is supposed to be wave of the future stuff, yet it always still looks old fashioned. .... Ugh, I want to watch some now. :P

One of my very favorite shows, and a program that definitely shaped my humor when I was growing up, is Mystery Science Theater 3000.

Here are two MST3k Shorts with future themes.

Music of the Day
The Phenomenauts ~ I Am Robot