View Single Post
Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 12-17-2022, 04:28 PM

I am so excited to be back on Mene, but I too feel a bit shy about jumping back in. Mene has always felt like home to me, and I'm so happy to see so many familiar people returning, but also, I've always been on the shy side, so while I recognize people I don't actually know anyone particularly well.

It so weird to think that Mene is older than most social media sites. It's in a while different category in my mind, like, I hary even think of it as social media because that germ hardly existed yet. To me, all the major socail media sites serve a different purpose or have a different vibe, so they just overlap each other, and I'm just as much of a lurker on all of them, lol.

Mene has always felt different tho. We can be anonymous here if we want, but its also a small niche community so you can also feel part of the group. Kinda the best of both things, maybe? Although I can relate to the burnout potential, I've definitely gone through periods of saying "I'm going go be more active on Mene!" and then overwhelming myself.