View Single Post
Queen_Andais
I move the stars for no one.

Penpal

Old 08-26-2016, 04:57 PM

Xuv, I am only 32. Not even close to retirement. In fact, tonight after work the husband and I get to have a rather serious conversation about wtf he plans on doing with his life because easy street isn't going to be so easy anymore. Giving him a deadline of January 1st to do one of three things: 1. Go to school (Finally got his DD-214, that pays for school and helps with living expenses) 2. Find a damn job (whatever it takes, going to the VA for resume help, interview training ANYTHING) 3. He goes back into the service, don't care which branch, but one of them.
He has been out for five almost six years and has worked one part time job back in 2012 for a month. We're in the same financial straits, if not worse because he isn't contributing and I can't live like this anymore. Something has to change and it's going to be him. Not sure what the consequences will be, he moves out, or I do and he's left with nowhere to go. Breaks my heart to do that to him, can't think of anything else to do.

Today is a bit emotional for me. Sorry for just dumping that all out there. Trying my best to hold together until after work.