View Single Post
PhoenixNeko
When times are tough..... chuck the Axe at the dude trying to choke you with it.

Old 05-27-2010, 10:09 PM

We had decided that Reno would be coming over every day to clean. Rude would do what Reno could not. While I do prefer Elena and Rude's company over that of Reno, I had a feeling that Tseng and Yuffie would not understand why Elena was at my house everyday. Especially considering that Tseng didn't know that the other three TURKS were into housekeeping for extra Gil.

The wages on the other hand were harder. So we came to an agreement. I was reluctant, of course, but otherwise I would have to pay twice what I could afford. Reno would be moving into the guest room. One of the main reasons that they had started this venture was Reno was about to be evicted.

Granted, I was very surprised when Reno cleaned my living room couch off, in the matter of ten minutes and it did not involve just moving things around. That was what clinched the deal. My couch made a landfill look like a comfortable seat. Of course that's what Yuffie said.

Again! Why cant I stop it all? She doesn't think of me all the time. Why would she? She's too good for me.

"Hey Vince! Do you normally keep a package of cheese in your TV stand? And a can of peas too?" The grand annoyance said holding up the items in question, looking at them as if they alone held the answer to the meaning of life itself.

I grunted, resigning to my fate. I was destined to be roomed with a very strange man. "Of course I do not Reno. The cheese, Yuffie was going to have as a snack yesterday. And the peas have been missing for a month now."

Reno glanced over, grinning. He raised his eyebrow. "Oh. Did they just get up and walk away? Come over here to hide from being eaten?" He laughed at his own joke. A joke that I, needless to say, did not find amusing.

"No Reno. I put them there when I came home from the store after purchasing them. Cans of peas do not get--"

"I know that!" He said, exasperated. "It's just that you don't talk enough. And you won't put on any music so that I can work with the 'silence'." He said the last with a glare.

I sighed. So much for my freedom. But at least with a live in housekeeper, I could always run off and not have to worry about being thrown out because of the mess. As I walked to the bathroom to get my morning shower, I hit the button for the radio as I passed. Heavy metal, Classic Rock and Classical were on the auto-station buttons. And button one was the eclectic channel. That was the one that it stayed, Yuffie always made sure of that.

~~~~~

At dinner that night, Reno wasn't there. He had a mission. Then he would go back to his old apartment and start to pack his things. He claimed to me that by the end of the week he could have the place clean enough for him to start to move his things in.

As I looked down at my plate, just ready to spoon on the stew, I realized how clean it was. I looked around at the rest of the work that Reno had accomplished that day. And not for the first time I thought, 'What have I gotten myself into?'

Last edited by PhoenixNeko; 12-01-2014 at 07:37 PM.. Reason: spelling and grammer and additions.