View Single Post
Andraus
Most shy away from conflict. I embrace it, as it embodies who I am.

Old 10-15-2015, 11:09 PM

Isabelle would twirl the ruby cross in her hand, before she held up the initials behind it. 'A.A.'. "We used to be partners in crime, you know? We met here at this school, and from day one, I thought of her as a force of nature......She left no mercy for her enemies, but she was the best friend you could ever ask for if she trusted you. "She said. Isabelle would then pull a second cross out, identical except the jewels, instead of rubies, were sapphires. "When the other students poked fun at me being a farmers daughter, or the fact that I wasn't 'girly' enough, Aphelia came in like a cyclone, and made an example of them.....left her in bed with rib fractures for a week, but she told me it was 'totally worth it'......sounds like a certain someone you know. "Isabelle said, as she smiled towards the sleeping Yaro.

"Yaro idolized her. Whenever she came back from missions, she'd always bring him toys, pictures, or stories.....heh, I think I remember her telling your parents off once, saying 'She can think for herself', though I don't know if you remember that. "She said, "She told Yaro of dragons and goblins, of the battles we fought, of the places we saw. No matter how long, or how boring, Yaro just sat there, wide eyed, absorbing it all......She was like a sister to me....."she said, before looking away from Sophie.

"-and I failed to be there for her."

Sophie could hear her voice broke slightly. Even if her face wasn't visible, It was obvious that this was painful for her to remember. "A demon was smart enough to know it couldn't beat Aphelia in a head-on fight, so he did something he never should've: He targeted Yaro. "She said. "Aphelia managed to stop him, but barley. The Demon's attack was strong enough that Yaro will have that scar forever, and that Aphelia was roughly torn in half. "she said.

"I was angry....furious even. I wanted to lay Aphelia down, and hunt the demon down. But she....she made me promise on my cross that I'd never use my position as a demon hunter, or my love for those I cared about, as justification for my actions. She told me to remain true to the person I am. "she said, lightly rubbing the ruby cross. "Yaro didn't understand. Who could blame him? he just lost his sister. Though, before he left, he told me that 'I am going to leave, to get stronger, but when I come back, I'll make sure no-one is harmed again.' "Isabelle said.

"I guess, what I am trying to say is.....don't repeat my mistake.....Yaro is in a dark place, and seeing blood on his scar obviously opened old wounds....But when he was about to give into his anger, you were there, to grab him before he descended into the abyss.....it just goes to show how much he trusts and cares for you. "She said, standing up. "Be there for Yaro, but don't lose sight of who you are.....stay true to yourself, Sophie. "she said, before waving as she left. "I look forward to seeing you in my class!" she said as she closed the door