View Single Post
Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 10-16-2015, 01:58 AM

The story and moral that Miss Pimms gave Sophie did soften her disposition. She made sense, Miss Pimms, and Sophie really could learn something from that story she gave her. Still, Sophie couldn't help but feel as though she caused Filius' injuries.

"I never heard that story about his sister..." She admitted. "Truthfully, I don't remember much of her from when we were little, and I haven't heard from Filius for a long time until today." Sophie released her iron grip on her sword's hilt and softened her gaze. "I didn't know how big of an effect she had on him."

Though, Sophie understood was Isabella Pimms was trying to tell her, she still felt a roiling, rising wall of guilt and desperation. Filius was her friend and friends don't let friends get hurt like that. "... Still... That boy compromised my honor and hurt Filius. I can't let that go. I love Fil-" She caught herself. No, she didn't love Filius... Did she? "I love Filius like a brother, if I never told him about the boy that was picking on me, he'd never have gotten himself into a fight like that. I caused it, I could have handled that boy on my own, but I was a baby and ran to Filius for help I didn't truly need."

Politely, she approached Isabella Pimms, reaching out to grab her hands, "I appreciate your concern. I won't make the same mistake, but I need to do something to defend my honor." She slid her hands away from Pimms' and turned on her heels, mumbling to herself, "I'm not a weakling, I can't sit back and do nothing..."